Options

CCNAX Done and Dusted..!!

NansNans Member Posts: 160
icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Yayy Passed CCNAX in the first sitting with a decent score. I would like to thank this group for all the help. I would like to thank gonzalo, Koz, networker, Deathimage (woohh dude i still remember the first post i say in this group is yours) Everyone who helped me throughout (sorry i am not a good reminder of names).

The materials i used are
  • Todd Lammle's books (Good for most parts) also came with nuggests which i never watched
  • Chris Byrant videos- The best of its kind in my opinion ***original labs though no packet tracer.
  • Boson Tests-Worth it
  • CIsco Press doc's
  • Online tests
  • Online Documents
I still remember the first day i was in this group with a dilemma to take it or not but eventually i ate,drank, and breathed cisco which paid off today.

COming to the exam you need not worry about it was smooth and easy i knew where i made a mistake ( i unknowingly skipped questions ). It was way too easy than i thought (may be i read and practiced so much).

I once again appreciate this group for the help they provided me.

PS: ** Be motivated, Nothing helps. Its motivation that keeps you awake and finally its because of that motivation you will be awarded**

I would like to hear suggestions about what i need to do further. I myself wanna be a Security Consultant someday.. Suggestions will be really appreciated..

Regards
2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []

Comments

• Options
    DeyColeDeyCole Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!...thanks for the tips and material info.
  • Options
    DeyCole wrote: »
    Congrats!...thanks for the tips and material info.

Welcome buddy..
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Nans! I have no idea what to recommend as I'm not in the security field, but the CCNA Security seems to be a popular choice. Though I would wait on that as it's just being upgraded to a new version. Maybe start CISSP?
  • Options
    koz24 wrote: »
    Congrats Nans! I have no idea what to recommend as I'm not in the security field, but the CCNA Security seems to be a popular choice. Though I would wait on that as it's just being upgraded to a new version. Maybe start CISSP?

I would like to get industry's best certificate as you suggested but it requires 5 years experience as pre-requisite in security field donno where to get that experience .. Koz

and coming to CCNA:Sec i think there is a post in the forum saying it's not a cert of that high reputation..!!

thanks buddy
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats bro!

Will be following suit in a month and half myself. Been balancing myself between Storage + and ICDN2. S+ is September 19th and ICDN2 is October 24th. Goal is December 25th to be a CCNA and Storage + for my goal of 4 certifications for this year, so if I fail the 1st exam I have two solid months to go till I pass if anyone want to see my perseverance tested grab popcorn!

As for Security, I think the NA: Security/DC/Wireless all have there places. I think a RS with a S and DC would look good on a resume cause you know networking with a focus on security and a understanding of data-center technolgies since not far behind security is the focus on the cloud and the cloud still goes over the networking fabric; in this day and age security needs to be a focus of any data center or enterprise network with a private cloud over a properly switched/routed core. Even if the skillset aren't used with a Cisco ASA those same principals can be used for other IPS/IDS appliances like Sonicwall, Fortinet, Juniper, etc as-well as DC knowledge can work with Hyper-V, VMware, Citrix and others.

Anyways, so stoked you passed bro!!!!
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Deathmage
    Security+ is as easy as baking a pie with directions right in front of your nose, so don't worry about that!

To the OP

Congrats!
  • Options
    kjanton89kjanton89 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Deathmage wrote: »
    Congrats bro!

Will be following suit in a month and half myself. Been balancing myself between Storage + and ICDN2. S+ is September 19th and ICDN2 is October 24th. Goal is December 25th to be a CCNA and Storage + for my goal of 4 certifications for this year, so if I fail the 1st exam I have two solid months to go till I pass if anyone want to see my perseverance tested grab popcorn!

As for Security, I think the NA: Security/DC/Wireless all have there places. I think a RS with a S and DC would look good on a resume cause you know networking with a focus on security and a understanding of data-center technolgies since not far behind security is the focus on the cloud and the cloud still goes over the networking fabric; in this day and age security needs to be a focus of any data center or enterprise network with a private cloud over a properly switched/routed core. Even if the skillset aren't used with a Cisco ASA those same principals can be used for other IPS/IDS appliances like Sonicwall, Fortinet, Juniper, etc as-well as DC knowledge can work with Hyper-V, VMware, Citrix and others.

Anyways, so stoked you passed bro!!!!

Thanks bro I know you will be there soon. No second times the exam is damn easy today.... I though you would give me some advise on sec + which i am willing to get in 3 weeks. Wat say on that..!!
  • Options
    Jasiono wrote: »
    @Deathmage
    Security+ is as easy as baking a pie with directions right in front of your nose, so don't worry about that!

To the OP

Congrats!

Thanks Jasiono and same to you on the pass.. :D I am thinking of sec + now
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    NY616NY616 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you. Job well done. I am on my second week studying for the ICND1. I was really thinking of taking the Ccnax instead of taking the two part. Do you recommend studying for the 1 part test?
  • Options
    kjanton89kjanton89 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have heard from several people that taking the two separate ones is a little better way out but I guess everyone is different. I think for the composite you probably have to do a little more cramming.
  • Options
    kjanton89 wrote: »
    I have heard from several people that taking the two separate ones is a little better way out but I guess everyone is different. I think for the composite you probably have to do a little more cramming.

Yea i kind of heard that also. I mean it wont be anytime soon, I am still struggling with subnetting, but in 2-3 months from now Im really thinking of going for the composite.
  • Options
    NY616 wrote: »
    Congrats to you. Job well done. I am on my second week studying for the ICND1. I was really thinking of taking the Ccnax instead of taking the two part. Do you recommend studying for the 1 part test?

Thanks buddy..

Well it took me 2 months exactly ( i completed reading in 1 month then i revised) and i never thought about 2 exam process go straight if you think you can do it you take it....

All the best

Thanks moosebost I forgot mentioning your name there as i said i forget
  • Options
    Nans wrote: »
    Thanks buddy..

Well it took me 2 months exactly ( i completed reading in 1 month then i revised) and i never thought about 2 exam process go straight if you think you can do it you take it....

All the best

Thanks moosebost I forgot mentioning your name there as i said i forget

OK cool. Thanks
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nans wrote: »
    and coming to CCNA:Sec i think there is a post in the forum saying it's not a cert of that high reputation..

CCNA:Sec was just updated and should be able to even schedule an exam for the new version already! Best of luck
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice to see your CCNA R&S logo! Congrats!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Nice to see your CCNA R&S logo! Congrats!

Thanks Buddy.. Are you reading for any cert now..!!
  • Options
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif

Thanks Dakinggamer.
  • Options
    CCNA:Sec was just updated and should be able to even schedule an exam for the new version already! Best of luck

I'm thinking of it now... But for the time being i'm thinking of taking sec +