Options

Is this job info correct?

I have been looking a lot into another security certification or education to really establish where I want to take my career. I am very familiar with the ISC2 credentials but not so much GIAC or others this website has. I was reading some info from this website and it seems like the career outlook for security professionals was a bit off. It seems very low in some cases. Is the info on the site correct?

the website is

SECURITY ZIP - Home

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Security career outlook in my region is exceptional through at least 2020 (my own predictions)

In terms of certs, I generically I point people to my article at

http://www.techexams.net/forums/security-certifications/113328-what-information-security-certifications-should-i-get.html

If you want an in-depth roadmap, I suggest looking at the SANS training offerings since they have them broken down into different domains and may help you figure out what eventual path you want to take careerwise.

If you have a specific end-goal in mind, let us know and the people here can help you figure out a training roadmap to get there. Lots of experienced people in here.
  • Options
    5502george5502george Member Posts: 264
    @636

Yeah that site had info about SANS free training which was pretty neat. It is pretty spot on for cyber security outlook, but it seemed low on the physical security side
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Physical security has always been dominated by ex-cops and former military types. For computer security its more of side-show than anything real. Let the meatsticks have their space.

- b/eads
  • Options
    5502george5502george Member Posts: 264
    beads wrote: »
    Physical security has always been dominated by ex-cops and former military types. For computer security its more of side-show than anything real. Let the meatsticks have their space.

- b/eads

Haha well put.
  • Options
    DDStimeDDStime Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Seems pretty accurate, I like the site. Thanks
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't think I've ever read the word cyber so many times on a single page. That has to win some sort of buzzword bingo.
  • Options
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever read the word cyber so many times on a single page. That has to win some sort of buzzword bingo.

Where? In the drop downs?
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Danielm7 wrote: »

Oh, hahah nice. I didn't even notice. I see "cybersecurity" so many times I have become desensitized to the word.