Options

Interview at VMWare *Got Hired*

2»

Comments

• Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    markulous wrote: »
    Actually no not at all. This job and one other one contacted me out of the blue off of my LinkedIn. I am starting a better position at my job next Tuesday that has more server and firewall support and I had planned on waiting until next year to apply for anything so I could have a better resume. So this was completely unexpected!

Thanks, this helped finalize my decision to pull my resume from job boards, reduce the stress induced by recruiters and focus on adding some good experience to my resume which could be very possible with projects that are being discussed.

I'm targeting $30-35 for my next admin position. VMWare paying that for a support role looks very promising for future internal positions.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    rudegeekrudegeek Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, my best friend works there. Good luck!
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude, sounds like a great gig and for an excellent company too. Great work!
  • Options
    lunarianlunarian Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Grats to ye, sir!
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    VMware would be a sweet place to work. Good luck and congratz!
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks everyone for the kind wishes!

The anticipation is killing me. I don't want to give my resignation until my offer letter is signed (even though they told me over the phone my start date and that I was hired, etc) and since it was a holiday weekend, I have not received it yet. I just keep refreshing my email.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, markulous! That is awesome. Best wishes when you start the new job.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice job getting that gig! Hope all the best