Options

Passed Security+ 9/4

Rh1n0Rh1n0 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is my first post here but I've been lurking for quite some time now. I took and passed the Security+ on my first try yesterday. I got an 803, so I feel like I did fairly well. I'm just starting the BS IT Security program with WGU, so this was a double win for me. Thanks to everyone here for providing such great study information about both the Security+ and WGU. It's been a big help so far and I look forward to being able to contribute to the forum myself.

Thanks!
icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Rh1n0 wrote: »
    This is my first post here but I've been lurking for quite some time now. I took and passed the Security+ on my first try yesterday. I got an 803, so I feel like I did fairly well. I'm just starting the BS IT Security program with WGU, so this was a double win for me. Thanks to everyone here for providing such great study information about both the Security+ and WGU. It's been a big help so far and I look forward to being able to contribute to the forum myself.

Thanks!
    icon_cheers.gif

Congrats Man! What did you find most challenging about the test?
  • Options
    Ertaz wrote: »

Filtering through the walls of text to determine what was relevant and what wasn't seemed to be the biggest challenge for me. I'm good with tests, so it wasn't anything new to me and I was able to do it fairly easily. I knew it was a lot of filler thanks to tips from the people here. Even knowing that going in though, it was time consuming to read through everything.

I didn't think I would use the whole hour and a half, but I finished with only 3 minutes to spare. I was thorough in making sure what I was reading was correct and making sure the answer I chose fit with what was being asked. I wanted to take my time and do it right the first time. It paid off with a pass and I really did use almost all of the time allotted.
  • Options
    tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    Congrats on the pass! currently going through the material myself at the moment.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Rh1n0 wrote: »
    Filtering through the walls of text to determine what was relevant and what wasn't seemed to be the biggest challenge for me. I'm good with tests, so it wasn't anything new to me and I was able to do it fairly easily. I knew it was a lot of filler thanks to tips from the people here. Even knowing that going in though, it was time consuming to read through everything.

I didn't think I would use the whole hour and a half, but I finished with only 3 minutes to spare. I was thorough in making sure what I was reading was correct and making sure the answer I chose fit with what was being asked. I wanted to take my time and do it right the first time. It paid off with a pass and I really did use almost all of the time allotted.

I usually fare pretty well at tests. I scored OK, (845/900) but this test stressed me out. I think the beta questions were off the wall and distributed evenly throughout the test so that I wondered if I had missed a chapter in my book. Maybe this is just me. When I was renewing my CCNA a few years ago I felt like after the fist 15 questions that I had failed. I decided to finish anyway and ended up with a 1000/1000.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    momoliciousmomolicious Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »

I just finish taking the exam and I thought the material was a bit broad. So, expect very technical questions, but also, management level questions. I think I had a hard time with how to handle incidents and/or first responders.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses everyone! I agree with everyone and feel like it was definitely a broad range of topics and there were some questions in there that left me scratching my head about where I could have missed that info. I wish everyone luck if you're still looking to take this exam or if you're moving on to the next cert.