Done!

linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
CCNP done as of this morning. Studied official Cisco Press books starting in January. I also used Chris Bryant's series on Udemy.

Took the exams in this order:

Route (passed 1st time) - April 2015
Switch (passed 1st time) - June 2015
T-Shoot (failed once with 806, passed a week later with 951) - September 2015

I downloaded the blueprints for Route and Switch and pasted them into OneNote, then read about all of those topics and filled in notes underneath them.

For T-Shoot, I memorized the topology from Cisco: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/6741-102-1-23100/TSHOOT%20Exam%20Topology.pdf

Happy to be done with this, and moving onto CCIE. I'll take my R&S written in June 2016, take Narbik's 10 day bootcamp around October/November 2016 and Lab in January 2017.

Comments

• MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice job! Hopefully I'm right behind you
  • linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mow wrote: »
    Nice job! Hopefully I'm right behind you

I hope so too!
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations, nice score!
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! 9 months is the pace I'm currently going at as well.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!

How was TSHOOT? I am finishing up the new switch content and then will have to also test out with the new TSHOOT. I'm hoping my route skills aren't so far off pitch since I passed the Route exam. I plan on picking up the new book though for some review before stepping into TSHOOT. That or might just rehash on my notes and just get the new TSHOOT book.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone.
    CONGRATS!

How was TSHOOT? I am finishing up the new switch content and then will have to also test out with the new TSHOOT. I'm hoping my route skills are so far off pitch since I passed the Route exam. I plan on picking up the new book though for some review before stepping into TSHOOT. That or might just rehash on my notes and just get the new TSHOOT book.

T-Shoot was one of the most unrealistic tests I've encountered. Very few tickets were anything you'd run into in real life. Also, there's no sh run int or sh run | i <whatever> so you have to parse sh ip proto and sh run yourself. The T-Shoot book is a great reference for real life, but the test and book are not related in my opinion.