Options

68% - gutted

knewboldknewbold Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
well as i posted the other day, i had my exam yesterday

i got 68% and i can honestly say i was gutted, i didnt expect to pass with a huge score, i realley expected to fail

however to get 68% hurt...........

to add insult to injury, when you fail, the screen says CONGRATULATIONS you have finished the exam

exam score 68% fail.

please get rid of the congratulations for finishing the exam, as i shouted "yes" thinking i had passed.

gutted

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey, you almost had it, don't give up. The CEH is not to be underestimated, I heard it is very tool heavy. You shouldn't let it get you down, you will get it the second time around. Right now I've been studying hardcore for about 3 weeks, and I still don't feel I am ready. Does it give you a breakdown of topics at the end?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am curious to find out as well if they provide a breakdown of topics as I plan on taking my CEH by the end of November. What were your thoughts on the exam and things you wish you would have looked at more (without breaking nda)
  • Options
    Rumblr33Rumblr33 Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @knewbold-Keep your head up and continue to study! Don't give up.

@kMastaFlash- After the test all you are presented with is your score. The test does not reveal any breakdowns of the areas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is odd. Moat vendors will usually provide something for you to go off of. Well each vendor is different I guess. Plus your only 1-2 questions away from passing. Study for another 2 months and I bet you will knock it out! Good luck man.
  • Options
    well im hoping to get back at it in 2 weeks time
    the resources i had online were ok,but then friday morning i found i was allowed a digital copy of matt walkers book, and the exam total tester software - which is far better than what i was using

next time round i will pass
  • Options
    cs8400cs8400 Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. So close to passing. You will pass next go.

I took the test on Friday and got a 77%, thinking the entire time that I was going to fail. I used the Matt Walker's AIO and CBT nuggets for study material. Exam prep I used Boson and Total Tester. Studied for ~8 weeks, 2 or 3 hours a day. If I were to do it again, I would have reviewed the lesser emphasized items, like PCI DSS, SOX, GLBA, the OSI model, and regulations/procedures/methodologies. Being very familiar with the nmap commands saved my ass.
  • Options
    mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
    knewbold wrote: »
    well as i posted the other day, i had my exam yesterday

i got 68% and i can honestly say i was gutted, i didnt expect to pass with a huge score, i realley expected to fail

however to get 68% hurt...........

to add insult to injury, when you fail, the screen says CONGRATULATIONS you have finished the exam

exam score 68% fail.

please get rid of the congratulations for finishing the exam, as i shouted "yes" thinking i had passed.

gutted

Ahh dude sorry to ear that but don't worry you'll get this on your next attempt !! I completely agree with the CONGRATULATIONS statement, that should get addressed as it's not very much appropriate to say the least..
  • Options
    OM602OM602 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Try the Boson practice exams, they are harer than the actual exam IMO
    The world chico, and everything in it
  • Options
    OM602 wrote: »
    Try the Boson practice exams, they are harer than the actual exam IMO

any idea where I can obtain them from? $99 doesn't seem much of a bargain
  • Options
    Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Boson and the Total Tester software were extremely helpful in passing this exam. I took the practice exams over and over and over, marking the items I got wrong and studying those areas. I did this until my scores were in the high 90s, making sure to read each question and understand the concept, not just memorize the answer.

$99 bucks seems like a lot of moola, but there is a reason most people have used it for test prep. It works. The AIO is a great foundation, but if you see something not mentioned in his book but is mentioned in Boson or Total Tester, learn it. There will be a few items missed by Matt Walker that get touched on in the Boson practice exams (Subnetting). Good luck guys!
  • Options
    ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    OP, how did you originally study for this exam?
  • Options
    I used official ceh courseware, which is the skillport videos

the day before the exam I found I had access to the total tester software, which helped too

retake in 12 days