Options

New Security Exam

Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
I saw on CLN today, last day to take the current Security Exam (640-554) is Nov 30. The new exam (210-260) starts 12/01. I checked on Cisco Press, they don't have any new books available. Pearson Vue does have the new exam available - $250.00.

Comments

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Somebody posted maybe a month ago about finding a book on the new exam. I don't remember if it was at the store or online...it was prior to the notice too.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    read the other posts in this CCNA Security section, you will find more information on the new book and how to access it now.

Also, on Amazon it says they are releasing it on Sept 11th.

Andddddddddd on the Cisco site they have a bunch of online study material for the new exam...
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The new book has been released as of 1 September, see Cisco press site
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    JustFred wrote: »

I feel like bit of a chump now. I bought the older version on 31 August. If I had waited ONE day. I guess that's encouragement for me to get it done sooner.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    OctalDump wrote: »
    I feel like bit of a chump now. I bought the older version on 31 August. If I had waited ONE day. I guess that's encouragement for me to get it done sooner.

Pretty much, November is still a few weeks away. If you have the time, you can study and knock it off before deadline.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JustFred wrote: »

Nice, don't know why I didn't look there first! Too used to using Amazon I guess... Also, if you google discount codes for Cisco Press you can find a very nice one right now (35% off). Think I got a previous post deleted for sharing discount codes so not gonna post it on here.

But I'll be getting the book cheaper and faster now! Thank you JustFred!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Nice, don't know why I didn't look there first! Too used to using Amazon I guess... Also, if you google discount codes for Cisco Press you can find a very nice one right now (35% off).

Pearson have a sale on right now "offer expires 11:59 p.m. EDT Wednesday, September 9, 2015" that has discounts. 35-50% off books, I think. There's a bundle with practice test. I think works out about $32.50 with a 35% discount.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    OctalDump wrote: »
    Pearson have a sale on right now "offer expires 11:59 p.m. EDT Wednesday, September 9, 2015" that has discounts. 35-50% off books, I think. There's a bundle with practice test. I think works out about $32.50 with a 35% discount.

Not exactly cheap but also not expensive either. Cisco's discount system is often strange to me.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is 50% off 2 or more books with code LD2015 through today. I checked on the 3rd or 4th and they didn't have the new book yet. Thankfully, when I checked yesterday and it was available, so I grabbed it and another book. It ended up costing $25 + $4 ($8 / 2 books) for 2 Day shipping (their standard shipping is slow boat to China).
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    DrekkoDrekko Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys
    Is that book you are talking about the ONLY available study material about CCNA-Security? I much prefer videos someone explaining it but I checked pluralsight, cbt nuggets and they all only have the older exam stuff
    Also, does the book have virtual lab exercises you can do like CCNA: Routing and Switching? With things like packet tracer, they are fun :)
  • Options
    liz517liz517 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone know what a passing score for this exam at this time? the 640-554 is high.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Passing scores are protected by the NDA and should not be shared.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.