Options

Names of tools

dkandldkandl Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just did my CISSP and GCIH in August and I am planning on taking the CEH within the next 2 weeks. I understand most of the concepts pretty well but I don't know all of the tools that are discussed in many of the study guides and the fedvte video. How much do I need to know beyond things like netcat, nmap, Wireshark (do I need to know the syntax?).

Please let me know you thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You will need to know things such as Nmap switches for sure as the Matt Walker AIO book says that. My personal opinion would be to pickup the Matt Walker AIO book and read it over the timespan on a week or 2 before you test as it will answer most of your questions. Also, Snort is another utility you will need to know as Matt Walker says it is important.
  • Options
    OM602OM602 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You will find that there is some overlap between CISSP and CEH. CEH mainly focuses on NMAP imo.
    Just the Matt Walker book and Boson will be enough to pass
    The world chico, and everything in it
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've also completed CISSP and GCIH this year so going over CEH material now. I was advised to focus on Nmap, Metaploit, and Nessus. I have the Matt Walker book and he mentions there will be Wireshark questions on the exam.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS