STP Seriously?

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
There is just SO MUCH information that STP uses. I feel like I'm regurgitating the book on paper lol.

Comments

• 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    And there are even more features introduced during the CCNP! ~_^ . Good luck! Post with any questions you come up with.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a feeling that implementing STP is extremely easy, but troubleshooting it and tweaking it are the real pain.

Like OSPF. Although, OSPF is easy to implement and there is a good set of steps to take to troubleshoot it.
  • d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    I believe that the CCNA cert covers only the differences between STP, RSTP and MST, and a high level overview of how they work.

And yes, at a CCNP level, there is waaaay more info like interoperability, insane convergence cases, STP PDUs, etc.
    I just read and took notes on what STP is, what it attempts to prevent, what information is within the hello BPDUs as well as the election process of the root switch.

It's been fairly simple at this point, I just need to hammer down the terminology.

I don't think that I will be obtaining the CCNP (at least not the routing and switching path). Maybe CCNP Security, but for now I want to get CCNA R&S and CCNA Security
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    And there are even more features introduced during the CCNP! ~_^ . Good luck! Post with any questions you come up with.

Just wait until you get to CCIE. A lot of extra very complicated material because Cisco couldn't simply make PVST+ incompatible with MST.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
    PVST+

Ok, reading all this makes me think that CCNA just scratches the surface
  • YanioYanio Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know what you mean. To me it's just not a subject the seems to be sinking in particularly well. I'll just have to focus on it more i guess!

P.S Bayern Munich suck icon_wink.gif
    "That's what" -She
    It's against them and BVB!
    I grew up in Germany. I was very excited for the World cup when Germany took it :)

My plan, since I have quite some time, is to take it page by page and not continue until I understand the entire page.

I have had some issues with some things not sinking in, causing me to read the same paragraph 4-5 times.
  • YanioYanio Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nothing quite as frustrating as getting to the end of a page and thinking "Well, i haven't a clue what I've just read...Can't remember a single word!".
    "That's what" -She