Options

New WGU subforum?

Christian.Christian. Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
I hope this is the right place for this suggestion. I'm seeing a lot of people in this forum studying at WGU (besides those interested to apply and those that actually graduated) and it could be an improvement to the forum (traffic wise) to have an space to actually discuss each course, different degrees or anything related to it.

It could become a nice place to post extra resources, help others or simply discuss about anything WGU related.
CISSP | CCSM | CCSE | CCSA | CCNA Sec | CCNA | CCENT | Security+ | Linux+ | Project+ | A+ | LPIC1

Comments

• Options
    Rh1n0Rh1n0 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm new here, but I haven't found any one stop solution yet and I think this is a good idea. Having a forum outside of the WGU network gives everyone access and not just current students.
  • Options
    nsternster Member Posts: 231
    I agree, instead of having a huge single thread, the content would be much better sorted with it's own forum. IMO good suggestion
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Might be a good idea considering the two WGU stickies are wayyy too huge to navigate through.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Agreed. There's a lot of valuable information that gets lost in those threads
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    it.nv_lait.nv_la Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hope we can get this going that would be awesome.
  • Options
    Hopefully it will happen if the right people read this. There are 9 threats only on the first page of this forum. Having all of them in the same place would be great icon_lol.gif
    CISSP | CCSM | CCSE | CCSA | CCNA Sec | CCNA | CCENT | Security+ | Linux+ | Project+ | A+ | LPIC1
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Techexams is a certification forum. You can discuss jobs and degrees in this section, but don't think there are any plans for sections dedicated to specific schools.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As someone that doesn't have an interest in WGU, I'd like a WGU forum so I can consolidate the noise and not have to sift through it to get to useful information.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Haven't looked at it from that standpoint but it makes sense. As WGU alumni who doesn't want to know anything else about the school, you have my vote.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    WGU does have their own forums for those looking for a dedicated place.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    I think its time to expand the original design of techexams.

The site is very informative but at the same time somewhat archaic because of its layout.
    Some information is hard to find and access. Some information should have its own category or sub-category instead of being piled in a jumbo category.

I like the site, but it can be so much more for both mobile and regular clients.
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How about splitting Jobs and Education? This subforum is by far the busiest and can be kind of difficult to keep track of. Depending on how you use it, I like the 'What's New'.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    Techexams is a certification forum. You can discuss jobs and degrees in this section, but don't think there are any plans for sections dedicated to specific schools.

Hi networker, thanks for your response. I understand this is a certification forum, but we are posting right know in a "It Jobs / Degrees" subforum, showing there is a little room to expand the forum to other related areas that are not exactly specific to certifications. It happens in big forums where users want to talk about other items.

The request comes as a way to organize existing threads. I'm seeing a lot of topics related to WGU, and not only it could help those that are currently studying there, but it will help to segregate that topic into their own space as not everyone is interested in that particular school. New threads keep being created and it doesn't help anyone the way it's being used now, not for those that are studying at WGU and not for those who want to see only threads related to jobs or degrees in general. I can't see how a topic related to one specific course at WGU can be of interest for someone that isn't admitted there.

Furthermore.. attracting people currently studying at WGU will also help the site as they will check and contribute to other topics as anyone interested in this field will probably try to gain certifications in other areas. For me, and in my vision, this a win-win for everyone. I hope someone that manages this forum sees this the same way than me. But again, this is my opinion.

Thanks!