Options

Getting Ready for Security +

MkroadrushMkroadrush Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello, I'm getting ready for the security + exam, I chose CompTia Security + second edition (Exam- SY0-401) by Glen E. Clarke.

Some of the stuff I remember from school and at work (Security Access Program Office) but seems it takes forever to go through the chapters. Is there something you can suggest for the exam and to knock this book faster ? icon_study.gif

This is my last week of 3 week plan, this week off from work studying 6-7 hours a day.

Thanks,

RR

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    at 6-7 hours a day... should be able to read the whole book again twice!

Good luck on your exam (understand RAID) icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Understand the concepts in Darril Gibsons book and you will be fine!

I rate sec+ and when I get a chance to start hiring new people and see this on their CV, it won't hurt their chances.
  • Options
    Anas AliAnas Ali Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Try to get darill Gibson mobile app its amazing and go through his blog for performance based questions. . You need to harvest so much to be able to find some.
    Also practice all questions from examcompass website.
  • Options
    MkroadrushMkroadrush Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tongy wrote: »
    Understand the concepts in Darril Gibsons book and you will be fine!

I rate sec+ and when I get a chance to start hiring new people and see this on their CV, it won't hurt their chances.

I have the Glen E Clarke, is offered free .PDF to download from the company I currently work for. This book is 880 pages compared to Daril Gibson 560 pages book. But thanks for the advised.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Mkroadrush wrote: »
    I have the Glen E Clarke, is offered free .PDF to download from the company I currently work for. This book is 880 pages compared to Daril Gibson 560 pages book. But thanks for the advised.

I used the Clark book and Did OK on the exam. (845/900) As far as the number of pages, open up that PDF file. The print is very large. Makes for quick and easy reading. I recommend getting lots of practice tests in to go with it.