Options

passed security+ today

Anas AliAnas Ali Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the exam today and got 887 😈. I missed one question which was phrased in a weird way so it was difficult to understand what was it for.
I used Darill Gibson book and mobile app which were really good .. I used also examcompass questions.
What I suggest for exams takers is don't memorize .. try to understand and differentiate between the controls and protocols and read from different websites as well as youtube to clear doubts.
Try to use practice tests which explain why the answer which has been chosen is correct.
Best of luck.

Comments

• Options
    v1ralv1ral Member Posts: 116 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif What's next?!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratsicon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Redhat RHCSA and RHCE
  • Options
    Gallager00Gallager00 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2016 Goals: CCNA Security, CCNA Data Center, VCP6-NV. Mostly focusing on skills rather than certs.
    2016 Completed:
    Currently reading: CCNA Security, programming books
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anas Ali wrote: »
    I passed the exam today and got 887 . I missed one question which was phrased in a weird way so it was difficult to understand what was it for.
    I used Darill Gibson book and mobile app which were really good .. I used also examcompass questions.
    What I suggest for exams takers is don't memorize .. try to understand and differentiate between the controls and protocols and read from different websites as well as youtube to clear doubts.
    Try to use practice tests which explain why the answer which has been chosen is correct.
    Best of luck.

Did the Darrill Gibson book come with any CD or DVD of any kind? How many chapters does the book contain? I keep hearing that the book is a very good one to study from (even better that the ExamCram CompTIA Security+ book) and comes highly recommended. Congrats on the pass and let me know on what the book contains and in terms of CD or DVD and how many chapters. Thanks. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    SoCalGuy858SoCalGuy858 Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!
  • Options
    Armitron77 wrote: »
    Did the Darrill Gibson book come with any CD or DVD of any kind? How many chapters does the book contain? I keep hearing that the book is a very good one to study from (even better that the ExamCram CompTIA Security+ book) and comes highly recommended. Congrats on the pass and let me know on what the book contains and in terms of CD or DVD and how many chapters. Thanks. icon_thumright.gif

I got the kindle version not sure if the paper one has a CD. you can refer to the kindle version and buy the premium package as it has flashcards as well as practice questions with explanation, performance based examples.
    I don't think you will need DVD. You better check getcertifiedgetahead dot com
    For video tutorials follow Professor Messer, he has free tutorials and I felt its far better than CBT Nuggets.
    DOnt forget examcompass for practice.
    Best of luck bro
  • Options
    Cyberscum wrote: »
    u da man

Thanks bro .. its because of the help I got from this forum.:D
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anas Ali wrote: »
    I got the kindle version not sure if the paper one has a CD. you can refer to the kindle version and buy the premium package as it has flashcards as well as practice questions with explanation, performance based examples.
    I don't think you will need DVD. You better check getcertifiedgetahead dot com
    For video tutorials follow Professor Messer, he has free tutorials and I felt its far better than CBT Nuggets.
    DOnt forget examcompass for practice.
    Best of luck bro

Thanks for the info. I already knew about the professor messer videos and exam compass. I was just wondering about the book it's self. Anyway, thank you.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR