Options

Question about Boson practice exams for CCENT

JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
Hello everyone, have a question regarding the Boson ExSim-Max for CCENT. I am almost at a point of wanting to purchase the practice exams to start going over but for anyone that has used this, is it worth spending a little more and getting the "kit for CCENT"? that comes with NetSim 10 and appears to have labs included. I already have several simulators I have been using for examples and labs in Lammle's book which have been fine but I am wondering if just those labs would be enough or should I spring for this "Kit" that includes more labs and the practice exam?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM

Comments

• Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Boson test for CCENT is really good, very close to the actual test. That said the test isn't nearly as difficult as the study. I think the labs in Lammle's book are sufficient. If you go on to ICND2 you're going to want to find more study material, the Odom book is pretty good. ICND2 boson test isn't very close to the test, don't have any experience with any others.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found the CCENT Boson tests to be a very great resource! Very helpful in letting me know how ready I was for the exam and like techfiend said, pretty close to the actual exam. I'm not sure if I would go with the whole package though. I've never used NetSim but GNS3 and/or Packet Tracer was more than enough as far as sims go.
    Working on: CCNP Switch
  • Options
    JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Guys, thanks for the responses! Really appreciate the input. I didn't want to spend the extra $89 for the bundle package if it's not really needed. I am about to finish the Lammle book and will be reverting back to the Odom book at chapter 6 to finish that and I do have the Pearson Simulator that I bought along with Odom's book so that should be sufficient I think along with the Boson practice test hopefully.
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM