Options

Failed ICND2 Today!

aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
Whelp, I guess there's a first time for everything. I just took ICND2 and failed with a 815 out of the 825 required to pass. Honestly, it didn't seem all that hard, but where I really messed up was in losing track of time. I only had 15 minutes to answer the last 16 questions and one of them was a sim. Also, I did fine in all sections except for IP services which I completely bombed and got a 0% in. Does anyone know what topics are covered under "IP Services"? I think if I even get 1 of those right, I would've passed. Anyways, I think with some practice, I'll be fine for the retake. So hopefully next week I can deliver some good news! icon_lol.gif

Breakdown As Follows:
LAN Switching Technologies 91%
IP Routing Technologies 64%
IP Services 0%
Troubleshooting 82%
WAN Technologies 75%
2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)

Comments

• Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear/read! I failed CCENT on 8/10 with 802/805 so I feel your pain. I had 11 minutes left too! My mistake was making my subnet chart too quick and I mis-read something. Retaking it ASAP when I have a chance. Good luck!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    Just found the breakdown for IP Services if anyone was curious. It's only 6% of the exam and I know the topics really well, so I'm assuming it's probably one of the ones I had to speed through at the end. I guess I'll just focus on improving my routing knowledge instead and I should be alright:

3.1 Recognize high availability (FHRP)
    • 3.1.a VRRP
    • 3.1.b HSRP
    • 3.1.c GLBP
    3.2 Configure and verify syslog
    • 3.2.a Utilize syslog output
    3.3 Describe SNMP v2 and v3

@fuz1on: By 3 points?! Man that is a bummer. Well at least you know you were close enough that with just a bit more studying you should be fine. Better than failing by a lot ;P
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It scares me to take two exams, I think I rather take the one CCNA exam lol. But don't worry you will pass the next time around.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    aderon wrote: »
    @fuz1on: By 3 points?! Man that is a bummer. Well at least you know you were close enough that with just a bit more studying you should be fine. Better than failing by a lot ;P

aderon - Haha! Too bad a close fail is a still a fail nonetheless! I was pretty pissed at the time...but I know I'll get it next time.

danny069 - If I can get a good deal on the composite CCNA exam, I'm going for it!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Whelp, I guess there's a first time for everything. I just took ICND2 and failed with a 815 out of the 825 required to pass. Honestly, it didn't seem all that hard, but where I really messed up was in losing track of time. I only had 15 minutes to answer the last 16 questions and one of them was a sim. Also, I did fine in all sections except for IP services which I completely bombed and got a 0% in. Does anyone know what topics are covered under "IP Services"? I think if I even get 1 of those right, I would've passed. Anyways, I think with some practice, I'll be fine for the retake. So hopefully next week I can deliver some good news! icon_lol.gif

Breakdown As Follows:
    LAN Switching Technologies 91%
    IP Routing Technologies 64%
    IP Services 0%
    Troubleshooting 82%
    WAN Technologies 75%

You'll nail it next time. I feel your pain with the failing, but a failure should teach you some things too. it's not always about the pass, sometimes failure is needed for success to mean something more...

I'm taking mine is about a months time, just finished chapter 14 last night in Odom's book and ordered a 18U expansion for the rack so I can mount the two more 2821 router's and one other 3750G switch.
  • Options
    Alright, well I took a little extra time to make sure I am 100% comfortable before going to test again. I've scheduled for tomorrow, so hopefully things go as planned! I'll provide an update once I'm done with the test.
  • Options
    Good Luck bro, I'm figuring I'll fail at-least once.

But I'm rooting for you!
  • Options
    Good luck, Alderon! You've prepared and I'm sure you've got this!
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,050 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You got this dude!
    That exam ain't got a chance!

Rock OUT, with your C*ck OUT!!

:]
  • Options
    YanioYanio Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Fingers crossed for you mate!
    volfkhat wrote: »

Rock OUT, with your C*ck OUT!!

:]

Pretty sure they'll ask him to leave the test center if he does... icon_wink.gif
    "That's what" -She
  • Options
    PASSED! Woohoo!! Got a 894/825 with about 20 minutes left to spare. Since I felt like I had only failed the first time because I forgot to keep track of time, I made sure that if I failed a second time it sure as hell wouldn't be for the same reason. Flew threw it as fast as I could without double checking or second guessing anything lmfao. And it worked!

So excited and it really just feels incredible to finally be CCNA certified. I can remember wanting to get this cert when I first started in IT 2-3 years ago and here I am today :D Thanks for the encouragement guys. It really helped to keep me focused!
  • Options
    cool alderon! we knew you'd destroy it this time. congrats man!!!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PASSED! Woohoo!! Got a 894/825 with about 20 minutes left to spare. Since I felt like I had only failed the first time because I forgot to keep track of time, I made sure that if I failed a second time it sure as hell wouldn't be for the same reason. Flew threw it as fast as I could without double checking or second guessing anything lmfao. And it worked!

So excited and it really just feels incredible to finally be CCNA certified. I can remember wanting to get this cert when I first started in IT 2-3 years ago and here I am today :D Thanks for the encouragement guys. It really helped to keep me focused!

Congratz and great job!

Out of all the Cisco test I have taken, I think the CCNA:RS was the toughest one. Took mine back in 2010.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,050 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awww YEAH!

It's time to
    HANG OUT, with your WANG OUT!!

You earned it :]
    lol
  • Options
    YanioYanio Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got a 894/825

Check you out!! Really well done mate! Can only hope I'll do as well when I get there!
    "That's what" -She
  • Options
    stylezunknownstylezunknown Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. What are doing next?
  • Options
    stylezunknownstylezunknown Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What cert are you going for next I mean..
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Glad you rocked it this time. As others have asked; what's next?
  • Options
    Congrats bro!!!!!!
  • Options
    wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well here I was about to write up an encouraging word telling you that you'll nail it next time around. Thankfully I read the rest of the thread and now I can congratulate you on a job well done. I failed CCNA twice, with a pitiful 595 score the first time around and a much improved 801 the second. Time management was also a serious issue with me. I've got my exam scheduled for next week before I go on vacation and I know I'm going to knock this exam's teeth in. Congrats!
  • Options
    Yeah man congrats! I saw your other thread. I bet it feels good after the first few attempts to finally pull it through. And a 986/1000 is a phenomenal score :)
  • Options
    JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Hey man, very big congrats, what an achievement, you stayed with it and hung in there and didn't give up and look where you are now! Great job and its big encouragement for me too and hope I can do as well coming up very shortly.
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
  • Options
    What cert are you going for next I mean..

CCNA Security. I'm thinking of making a post about it on the CCNA Security forums. So far it seems pretty easy. I'm not very far in, but at the moment it's just been a mixture of some of the CCENT material and a rehash of Security+ topics.
  • Options
    Jamesweb wrote: »
    Hey man, very big congrats, what an achievement, you stayed with it and hung in there and didn't give up and look where you are now! Great job and its big encouragement for me too and hope I can do as well coming up very shortly.

Good luck! I'd say, just don't make the mistake of underestimating the tests and you'll be fine. They're not miserably hard, but if you take them lightly they'll definitely pull one over on you :P
  • Options
    bender_fender100bender_fender100 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know it's been a couple of weeks since you got your CCNA, but congrats anyway. I completely agree with you that from what I've experienced thus far, the tests themselves aren't necessarily too difficult but shouldn't be taken lightly either.
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill