Options

Cisco 100-101 Flash card book questions

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello all,
I am currently reading the Cisco CCENT ICND1 Flash card and Exam Practice book and I have a run across two things that I have not seen in Odem's book or Todd Lammle's book.

On Chapter 8 Question 34 page 271.
What Cisco IOS command displays open ports and services on a cisco device.

Book Answer: show control-plan host-open ports
This command shows all UDP and TCP ports the device is listening on to determine what services need to be disabled.

The book does not say it can be used on a router and a switch. All the examples I see on-line are for routers. I want to conform that before I add it to my CCNA Show commands notes.

Also on section 8 Question 18 page 259
How can you secure interfaces on a Cisco switch ?
Book answer: You can secure a switch interface by either disabling the port or putting the port in an unused nonrouteable VLAN.Also, auto-trunking of ports show be disabled using the switchport nonegnote interface command.

I understand what is being said about shutting down the unused ports or putting then in a non used VLAN. The command switchport negotiate command is used to prevent the interface from generating DTP frames correct ?
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments