Options

IT Job After CCNA and MCP - advice Needed

SanColSanCol Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
[FONT=&amp]I am new in this forum and I have been reading the fabulous posts from most members. In fact, I have refined my CV thanks to advices from Keenon. I have decided to post here hoping to get some guidance with my job search.

Let me start by given some background information about myself.
I have been fiddling with computers since the days of Dos and Pascal. I was there when Internet connections meant dialling the ISP’s number and getting those endless dialup sounds.

In 2000, I self-invented myself as a computer repairer besides my regular job as an office Admin. In 2007, I decided to start my own Minimarket and a computer repair lab in Italy. However, in 2013 I closed the Lab and shop since the business was no longer viable, and decided to move to Manchester, UK. I also decided to re-qualify myself in IT, and therefore enrolled for a BSc Degree in IT and Business at the Open University . I have since gained extensive IT knowledge, and in conjunction with Cisco Network Academy, I managed to pass my CCNA and Microsoft MCP this in June 2015.

I thought this was a great way to 'kick-start' my IT Networking career in UK. However, since my certification in June, I have been applying for all type of IT jobs (from helpdesk to Network technician), but have not been shortlisted for any. I have refined my CV, thanks to advice from members like Keenon, but no luck yet. I don’t really know what I am missing here! I hope from advices in here I will be able to land an IT job.

Anyone with clear advice on how to tackle this? After I finish my degree next year, is it going to facilitate anything? I wanted to self-study to complete my MCSA, but I am a bit reluctant as I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel! Will these certifications make any difference?

Sorry for the long story! And thanks for any advice
[/FONT]