Options

Obligatory I passed thread.

Bad_RequestBad_Request Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
Don't post here too often, but I do lurk quite often. Just wanted to say thanks to every one on this board as the posts here have been very helpful. So I studied for a little less than two months, using the OCG, CBTNuggets, my personal lab and of course here. Passed the ICND1 today with an 867, wish the score was higher but a pass is a pass. Probably should have taken it a bit slower as I finished the test with 42 minutes remaining. Overall I'd say the test was about as hard as I expected, nothing too crazy. For any up coming test takers, as mentioned countless times before, make sure you know subnetting like the back of your hand. Other than that know the main show-commands and how the switching and routing process works.

Here's my breakdown:

Operation of IP Data Networks: 100%
LAN Switching Technologies: 82%
IP addressing IPv4 & IPv6: 83%
IP routing technologies: 57%
IP services: 100%
Network device security: 100%
Troubleshooting: 86%

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    bender_fender100bender_fender100 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job! I'm happy for you.
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
  • Options
    JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    That is awesome! Big congrats on your hard work and passing!!
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    which books did you use ?
    did you use any practice tests such as pearsons boson cisco ?
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Obligatory Congratulatory Response

Seriously, though, good job! Going for ICND2?
  • Options
    charlogazzocharlogazzo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!
    I passed 2weeks ago with 958.
    Still dont know what track to follow... Maybe Datacenter
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63