Options

OSCP - The 120 day journey

2»

Comments

• Options
    Husam97Husam97 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Muggie wrote: »
    Best of luck to you and thanks for writing up this thread. I'm currently working on the lab machines - 5 down so far with 30 days left. Your guide has been very beneficial on what items I need to touch up.

Good luck buddy
  • Options
    kiemskiems Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hope that you had success in your exam.
  • Options
    Janne4Janne4 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!
    Actually I failed on my first attempt, but that was kind of expected. Speed has never been one of my strenghts while I was in the Lab Network so to be able to hack 4 out of 5 Machines in less that 24 hours was a bit to hard for me.

The reports for the lab exercises and the lab network are pretty much done but I never sent them in since I already knew I had failed, those were not going to save me.
    The report for the lab exercises was about 190 pages long using offsec's template ; )

I think I will do a second attempt next year, next up is a 6 week holiday in South East Asia ; )

My plan is to spend a couple of months working at my week spots (web application attacks, modifying exploits, priv esc, port direction/tunneling) and trying different kind of web attacks against Metasploitable and simular VMs.
    Also need to practice on XSS client-side exploits with BeEF and MSF, had 2 Machines in the Lab Network which I couldn't own, but there was some twist with these machines as well.
    Next year, in the summer when I have more time, I will buy 15 Days of Lab Access and try to get the remaining 20 Machines in the Labs and then do the exam again.