Job offer!

MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have been offered a position with a new company. They do managed network security, mostly working with SonicWall for small to medium sized businesses. The position is for a provision technician. I am pretty excited about the offer, it is definitely a step up from the help desk role I currently work. From what I can judge, people who do well in the provision department tend to move up to their NOC. I was really impressed by the company when I interviewed, and honestly surprised I received something soon after interviewing.

Essentially the position is responsible for working with customers to determine security requirements and configure firewalls prior to shipping them out. The goal is for it to fill the customers need right out of the box. We do all the configuration and management for the customers. The biggest kicker is they pay for certifications, which is a big plus in my book. The pay is also a good bit more than I made now. I do feel some remorse leaving my current company, but ultimately I must do what is best for me. It will not be an easy goodbye, but I am ready to move forward in my career.

Comments

• DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    You'll do great bro, Sonicwall's are good appliances and I love their SRA's for Clean VPN's over DPI-SSL, see about getting the CSSA from Dell if you can, it's a high number though, like 1200 for a 2 day class. Maybe the new job will pay for it. :)

If you got any questions about Sonicwalls I deal with them often. icon_biggrin.gif
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks man! I actually have to get the CSSA within 90 day, but it is company paid for!
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That's awesome Moose, congrats! You'll have to let us know what you think of SonicWALL down the road- I've only ever worked with Cisco and Fortinet.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Seems like a pretty great gig
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    Congrats, mate!
  • theitprotheitpro Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new job!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Excellent News ...........Always wanted to work with sonic wall.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks guys! I am so excited but nervous at the same time. Even sad a little bit. I turned in my notice yesterday. I am leaving a place where I feel like my coworkers are family. But, I must do what is best for me.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats! this kind of position will open up sooo many doors! big things are coming your way :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I am so excited but nervous at the same time. Even sad a little bit. I turned in my notice yesterday. I am leaving a place where I feel like my coworkers are family. But, I must do what is best for me.

I hated leaving my last job too, but career-wise, my current job is the place to be. But i do miss my previous company.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark