UK CCNA student.

critanimecritanime Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi!

From the UK and studying for the CCNA. I have been studying for a while on and off but decided that I need to make the effort and get my backside in gear. I am already a memeber of a Facebook CCNA group and have been getting support from them. I have also joined this forum in order to gain more knwoledge and get support from more people.

I am an Auxiliary Nurse as a job. I studied IT back in 1999-2001 where I enjoyed networking. I was going to carry on with it once I left college but ended up getting a job instead. Now I am in a position where I want to get back and learn about networking and get the exam passed.

Currently I am using a combination of GNS3, Packet Tracer along with my own physical lab which is made up of two 2800 series routers, two 1700 series and 3 2950 switches. I love the physical equipment and spend most of my time playing with those, unless I am doing something that requires lots of equipment, in which case I go to virtual stuff.

I am really enjoying the learning experience again. And I am enjoying the whole network thing. I should have done this years ago.

Comments

• Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey dude, fellow UK dweller here also wanting to get the CCENT/CCNA nailed and motivation/abuse etc from others would be welcome! Feel free to drop me a line.
  • YanioYanio Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Another from the UK here. Got my CCENT in Oct, so looking forward to that (eep).
    "That's what" -She
  • SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    I'm from England too. Welcome on board.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yank here, testing for my CCNA tomorrow. Good luck studying and don't get caught up by all those soccer matches you guys enjoy over there.
    Good luck with the CCNA wtrwlkr! By the way, it is football, not soccer icon_wink.gif
  • wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Chev. I know, just poking fun.
  • critanimecritanime Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies 😊 I am currently moving house and I am running low on my net allowance on my mobile.

All my lab is packed away too so I can't study at the moment icon_sad.gif
  • YanioYanio Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bummer, I remember last time I moved I didn't have a web hookup for almost a week, nearly went insane!
    "That's what" -She
    Yanio wrote: »
    Bummer, I remember last time I moved I didn't have a web hookup for almost a week, nearly went insane!

Been without it for nearly 3 weeks due to a cockup with the letting agents. down to the last 150mb on my mobile data plan and now starting to feel like my arm has been cut off lol. Thankfully it is all back on Wed when the BT engineer turns up.
  • DPN1DPN1 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Im from Scotland :) Done the CCNA quite recently was great fun now studying for CCNA Security before the new exam comes out, good luck with your studies!
    DPN1 wrote: »
    Im from Scotland :) Done the CCNA quite recently was great fun now studying for CCNA Security before the new exam comes out, good luck with your studies!

Dunno what to go for after the CCNA. I am planning my route for the future. It is s toss between Security and Voice. Oddly enough the 2821 I got from eBay did have a CUE and VWIC installed so I am setup for voice on that router.
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Welcome to the forums, what materials are you using for your CCNA? Besides your physical lab (which is great to have).
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jersey, Channel Islands here. CCENT is done, ICND2 is next :) Just out of interest, which Facebook CCNA group are you a member of? I've had a look through them and they all seem to be braindump/**** spam sites. Would be swell to find a genuine one.
  • RhodesRhodes Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Another UK CCNA student here, from Birmingham, good luck to you all!
    Just to echo Cleverclogs comment, are there any legit studying CCNA facebook or linked in groups that any of you guys are part of?