Options

Failed 640-554

zachkenemerzachkenemer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just failed my 640-554 exam. I have rescheduled it for the 30th of this month. I am currently already certified in CCNA Security via 640-553, but all of that expires after the 30th as well so I have to take it again.

It said a passing score was 895 and I got a 756. There were a lot of questions that I don't remember being mentioned in detail with the Cisco Cert guide for 640-554. It also seemed like there were a lot of questions that might have come from the updated CCNA R&S because there were quite a few that were more routing or switching related and not security related questions. I did have an issue with one of the sims where I was configuring NTP, and the instructions said it would automatically add an ACL, once it was configured, which it did; however, I thought I applied it to the wrong interface so I delete the ACL and re did it and It didn't automatically add the entry to allow NTP like it did before. So I retyped everything again and still didn't do it so I'm not sure if I lost points or not, but I left comments on that question.

I took the time to get to know my way around CCP, but there were quite a few questions centered around CSM, which I couldn't download or get my hands on.

There was only 1 question related to IPv6, which I thought was low, but that is fine I guess.

Outside of that, the testing center I went to had trouble "Turning on the computers" apparently. I ended up waiting over 30 minutes just to sit down and take the exam. Plus they don't seem to know how to use a camera and blamed it on me for not looking at the camera when they took a picture of a wall instead of myself. I felt a little more stressed in that place so I think I am going somewhere else next time.

I thought the sims were easy, just that one weird thing with the ACL autoconfig thing on the first, but other than that it seemed like there were questions out of the scope of the text a little, but maybe I would have gotten if I had more hands on with CSM.

Comments

• Options
    bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have had the same trouble with 650-554. I have taken it twice and failed. To me the exam questions weren't tricky but incomplete. I am now in a holding pattern until I can get up to date on the new exam.