Options

Passed - 100-101

dtakhardtakhar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys,

dont post much, but thanks to all that helped. passed today, but says something about indeterminate until they can verify. got 867 as a score, took just over 1 hour to finish.

onto 200-101 now.

Comments

• Options
    bender_fender100bender_fender100 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job! What materials did you use to study for the exam?
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    i got ccent course from udemy.com
    used lotta youtube videos.
    bought and read exam cram from amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/CCENT-ICND1-100-101-Exam-Cram/dp/078975150X/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1442623474&sr=8-4&keywords=100-101

packet tracer for router switch simulation and labs.
  • Options
    NY616NY616 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dtakhar wrote: »
    i got ccent course from udemy.com
    used lotta youtube videos.
    bought and read exam cram from amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/CCENT-ICND1-100-101-Exam-Cram/dp/078975150X/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1442623474&sr=8-4&keywords=100-101

packet tracer for router switch simulation and labs.

exam cram book was worth it? congrats!
  • Options
    yes and quite honestly the questions in the exam cram were tougher than the ones on the actual test. i also like how the exam cram if you get the questions wrong the author not only provides you with the correct answer but as to why its correct. very thorough.
  • Options
    NY616NY616 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yes and quite honestly the questions in the exam cram were tougher than the ones on the actual test. i also like how the exam cram if you get the questions wrong the author not only provides you with the correct answer but as to why its correct. very thorough.
    cool, ill look into it thanks
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Good Study Tools
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    bender_fender100bender_fender100 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I might look into it after I do all my labs and also because I'm not sure if I want to pony up $99 for the Boson test yet. Very helpful stuff. Did you use the Kindle version or hard copy version of that book?
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice one dude congratulations, good to hear a positive about the exam cram- I was going to get it but it got quite mixed reviews which put me off a bit.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Nice one dude congratulations, good to hear a positive about the exam cram- I was going to get it but it got quite mixed reviews which put me off a bit.

Nothing in IT that is easy is worth getting without hard work.
  • Options
    i bought the kindle edition from amazon.com. i didn't use boson at all.

i would lab with ospf and general router switch commands. thats what my test had. you gotta connect to the routers and they ask you questions regarding ospf. each simulation has 4 questions, about 4 simulations in total i think max 5. know your subnetting. one drag and drop, mostly multiple choice with a few ones that have multiple answers.

i did lotta labs in packet tracer, but when i did my final review i barley reviewed the labs and wish i did. there were times on the test i was taking lotta time doing the simulation they take the most time, and i wish i had reviewed my commands. its not hard just review your commands you will need to know them like show ip osfp etc.
    good luck.
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Deathmage, not trying to cut corners dude just considering it as an extra tool for when I step up for the exam. Currently working from PT, netacad and Odom book but find them very verbose
  • Options
    satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    I have exam cram.You mean questions in the book or the online pearsons questions ?
  • Options
    if you can do the questions in exam cram and hit over 90 percent you should be fine on the test.
  • Options
    satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    Do you mean questions in the physical Book or on the cd which connects to the pearsons site ?
    Some really good questions in the book.
  • Options
    wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□