Options

Middle East Jobs for Non American Citizens

kenerepkenerep Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am presently job hunting and would not mind relocating to the middle east (kuwait, Qatar,bahrain, Oman, Saudi Arabia) if there is an opportunity to do that. I would love it if anyone in the forum can point me towards how to go about it. I have searched the threads and most of the post on looking for jobs in the middle east is geared towards American citizens but I am not an american citizen.

I am presently looking at a security position, mid to entry level if anyone can give a guide on how to go about it I would be very glad.

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    What's your citizenship and why do you want to work there? I can definitely offer a lot of insight.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Muhammed HMuhammed H Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Currently working in Middle East (Dubai). Yes there are some good opportunities but unless you are citizen of a 1st world country (Ex: UK, USA, AUs, Canada) or you know someone who can refer you, landing a job is quite difficult then. Another thing is, if you planning to start from rock bottom then you should keep in mind that the salary for entry level IT job in this region is incredibly poor.
  • Options
    @Unixguy I am from Nigeria, major reasons for looking to work over there will be better opportunities to horn my skills, make some cash and probably save enough money for my masters before returning back to Nigeria.

@Muhammed H unfortunately I am from neither of the 1st world country, and I am definitely not starting from scratch as I am presently have over 5 years working experience.

I have some certifications which I have not updated on my profile, CISSP, SEC +, and CCNA SEC added to those on my profile. Major reasons for looking outside is just to gain more insight and exposure that is why I am looking towards the Security Line.

let me know what you think.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Good luck with your search, you seem to have a good experience so keep applying to jobs. use bayt.com and monsergulf.com :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    @Unixguy bayt and monstergulf does not look like a lot of insight....icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    SirenSongSirenSong Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with finding a job. Try jobzilla it helps.
  • Options