Options

ICND2 Failed

wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just took ICND2. Failed epically. Started off great with 5 or 6 softball questions, then I got to a sim and brainfarted on the commands. Ended up spending 15 minutes on that sim alone. I know what I need to study and i'll knock it out of the park next time.

Comments

• Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ahhh man sorry to hear that, been routing for you as well buddy. Dust yourself off and smash it next time dude!
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't give up. You can do it
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    Study again and don't give up. Whenever I take a Cisco exam I never expect to pass on the first try. I use the first attempt to gauge what I do and do not know which tells me what I need to focus on.

Took me 3 tries to get CCENT
    Took me 4 tries to get CCNA

The big mistake I made when preparing for both exams was not using more material. I used Boson and the OCG which was not enough. If you browse the CCNP or a lot of the "I passed" CCNA threads you'll see many people have 4-5 different sources they use to prepare.

Its safe to say I've learned my lesson which I am applying towards the CCNP now.
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Keep at it bro! ...never give up, took me three times to pass the CCENT. Aiming for 3 with CCNA or less. I just upgrade my home-lab for ICDN2 and CCNP since just getting a 16U expansion.

I have some new addtions to the lab: 4 Cisco 2821's, and 4 Cisco 3750G's. Two of the 2821's I'm using as ABR's.

I'm making a VRRP based GLBP core edge router setup. Then each of the 2821's go to a 3750G. Each of the 3750G's have 3 gigabit links in a STP enabled Etherchannel.

I'm think of making them a Core Backbone Area 0.

Then each of the 3750's go to 2 more 3750's at a distro level over a 4 ISL etherchannel per switch. Each of the distro level switches. Have a ISL with 3 up links in a erherchannel. This distro level is Area 1. Connected to the distro 3750G's are two 2960G's at a access layer with two vlans split across 12 ports with a 3 port ISL etherchannel.

This will make up my Cisco lab, I have all the hardware and I now have 48U's of space. This will be my lab for CCNP and for VMware for the 4 Windows domains for MCSA/MCSE.

Morale of the story, never give up and follow your dreams....

Many here know my ambitions and dreams.

Keep chugging bro!
  • Options
    wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone. I actually passed ICND1 my first time. White Wizard, I went into the test with pretty much that exact mindset. It would be nice if I passed, but if I didn't, I'd know what to expect for next time.

Right now, I'm using Lammle's study guide, CBT Nuggets and Boson Netsim. I'll look into getting some more sources. I'm going to work on my weak areas and reattempt in 2 weeks.

My main lesson learned: despite Cisco calling CCNA an "entry level" cert, the test goes into a lot of detail and you really need to know your stuff in order to pass. Time management was also a huge factor, as I spent 15 minutes on one sim, and ran out of time with 3 questions still left. The amount of time Cisco gives you, and the fact that you can't go back in the exam means you really need to manage your time well. I look forward to posting an obligatory "passed" thread in 2 weeks time. Thanks again everyone!