Options

Security Clearances? What's been your experience?

13»

Comments

• Options
    roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got the unfortunate news that my clearance now says "discontinued". I have no idea why. I feel like it was my new FSO, didn't know what she was doing. This new contractor was supposed to go into the system to pick it up. Now waiting, and told I may have to start over again from scratch. What bullshit. I did everything, even had my in person interview. I really hope someone figures it out. So frustrating.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • Options
    RobSnowden23RobSnowden23 Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dragonsden wrote: »
    I got the unfortunate news that my clearance now says "discontinued". I have no idea why. I feel like it was my new FSO, didn't know what she was doing. This new contractor was supposed to go into the system to pick it up. Now waiting, and told I may have to start over again from scratch. What bullshit. I did everything, even had my in person interview. I really hope someone figures it out. So frustrating.

I will go ahead and ask the person I did the interview with... most likely is the investigator or simply call OPM
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will go ahead and ask the person I did the interview with... most likely is the investigator or simply call OPM

That post was from 2-1/2 years ago...

I've been waiting 2 years for a reinvestigation, so things haven't gotten much better.
  • Options
    RobSnowden23RobSnowden23 Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jt2929 wrote: »
    That post was from 2-1/2 years ago...

I've been waiting 2 years for a reinvestigation, so things haven't gotten much better.

lol my bad..I've been waiting for mine for about one year now
    l
  • Options
    MIMEMIME Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LOL you're definitely right. Found this article https://news.clearancejobs.com/2018/03/13/long-take-get-security-clearance-q1-2018/ I had a clearance through one agency (current etc) and though theoretically there is reciprocity with clearances at the same level through different agencies (IC to DOD for example) while job hunting few employers wanted to go through the hassle.