Options

Passed SISAS

viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
Took and passed SISAS today. The test was fair. The SIMS were a pain due to the screen resolution. I don't have hands on experience with ISE, but the OCG, CBT Nuggets, Cisco.com, YouTube helped out A LOT!

I thought the test was rough and thought that I had failed it.

I have one more test to take and I'm done! SITCS is next. How are you guys studying if this book is not out yet?
CCNP Security - DONE!
CCNP R&S - In Progress...
CCIE Security - Future...

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Did you do any labbing at all for the SISAS?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    I did labbing with the WLCs, ACS, Cisco Prime, but not ISE. I don't have access to ISE, so I had to watch videos on youtube, CBT Nuggets, Cisco.com and read the OCG ISE sections left and right. I knew that was going to be my weak area due to the lack of experience I have with it.

Make sure you know at least the basics of ISE. ISE is tested strong! (Hope that's not too much info)
    CCNP Security - DONE!
  • Options
    aia87aia87 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats and good luck with SITC
    I'm currently studying for SENSS using cbt nuggets and ipexperts videos this will be my first ccnp security exam to take ..can you please tell me what have you used to get through that exam ? the OCG isn't out yet and i think the videos aren't enough

what do you think ? ..ty
  • Options
    aia87 wrote: »
    congrats and good luck with SITC
    I'm currently studying for SENSS using cbt nuggets and ipexperts videos this will be my first ccnp security exam to take ..can you please tell me what have you used to get through that exam ? the OCG isn't out yet and i think the videos aren't enough

what do you think ? ..ty

Thanks!

When I took the Firewall 642-618 exam which is now the SENSS exam my hands-on experience was my main source of info for the exam. I have been working with ASA's since the beginning of time. So my hands-on experience was key. I also used the OCG, INE, CBT Nuggets and labbing with the ASA's in my home lab.

I'm not sure how much has changed between the old Firewall 642-618 exam and the new SENSS exam. I can tell you, the CBT Nuggets will NOT be enough!

You will need to do lots of labs. See if you can find the OCG for Firewall 642-618 in Amazon and buy it. Start going through that and look in ebay for a ASA5505. I'm sure you can find a cheap one now since the 5506-X have hit the market.

Don't rely on just CBTs. I just did a quick look at the SENSS topics and it looks like it has changed quiet a bit from the 642-618 test. I would still recommend you get an ASA for home labbing. Cisco likes the ASDM if you get my drift...

I do feel your pain regarding not having a book to study from. The last test I have is the SITCS and there's no book for it. Last night I ordered the old OCG from Amazon for the IPS exam 642-627 for $7.00 used. I have access to ASA's at my job with IPs and the new ASA' s-CX. So what it looks like I will be doing is going through the exam topics and piecing together my own certification study guide for SITCS.

I know Cisco and Ciscopress are not the same company, but you figure they would work together when making exam updates. A lot of us got screwed and caught in the middle of this change with no OCG in sight when they 1st did this.

It is what it is...

Good Luck!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
  • Options
    aia87aia87 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yea SENSS is like a mix from SECURE and FIREWALL exams for that i've been reading fire wall and secure ocg for related topics
    anyway thx for your feedback and good luck
  • Options
    luzzioluzzio Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi. Im taking SISAS too. You can download from Cisco a virtual ISE to practice, which it is what im doing. Im writing to ask you how difficult are the SIMS and if there is a lab to prepare to.
    Also if you have any recommendations to study besides the CCNP Security nuggets or any link where i could get study material.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□