Options

Stanly Oct-Dec

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
icon_cool.gifHey Guys I got a email for the Oct To Dec class. Any Classmates Out There .............icon_cool.gif
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Finally got confirmation for october classes. Registered in june or july...
  • Options
    Registered around the same time
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    When does the VCP-DCV 5.5 expire?
    :

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I will be in the class as well. Not sure about when the 5.5 exam will be EOL.
  • Options
    winterpegmanwinterpegman Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm confirmed for this class. BUT, I have some concerns about whether this 5.5 class will allow us to certify, given that 5.5 is pretty much done. The way I understand it (I could certainly be wrong), we'd have to take additional classes for 6 (What's New, for example).

I'm thinking that waiting for 6 may make more sense? Can we 100% still write VCP550?

Anyone have any thoughts or knowledge to share?

Edited to add - I just looked at the mylearn.vmware site, and it does not yet state a retire date for VCP550...so I guess we're still good to go with just doing 5.5.
  • Options
    tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got an email asking for my general information and it says I should receive another email before October 10th, is this the same one everyone else got? If so I am in.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • Options
    j4g3rb0mb3dj4g3rb0mb3d Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm confirmed for this class. BUT, I have some concerns about whether this 5.5 class will allow us to certify, given that 5.5 is pretty much done. The way I understand it (I could certainly be wrong), we'd have to take additional classes for 6 (What's New, for example).

I'm thinking that waiting for 6 may make more sense? Can we 100% still write VCP550?

Anyone have any thoughts or knowledge to share?

Edited to add - I just looked at the mylearn.vmware site, and it does not yet state a retire date for VCP550...so I guess we're still good to go with just doing 5.5.

You'll be able to take the 6 delta with no restrictions once you hold the VCP5 certification. You'll have to go through this whole process again should you let your certification expire in 2 years.
  • Options
    You'll have to go through this whole process again should you let your certification expire in 2 years.

*Dana Carvey* "That wouldn't be prudent..." lol
  • Options
    I got an email asking for my general information and it says I should receive another email before October 10th, is this the same one everyone else got? If so I am in.

I got the same one.
  • Options
    barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I received the email also about this class. I share some of the same concerns whether to take it or wait for the 6.

I suppose it all depends when vmware decide to retire the 5.5 but on the other hand if you go through all the training and pass the 5.5 exam when it comes to doing the 6 you will have a good Base knowledge and just need to fill in the gaps required.

Still a bit undecided. :s
    Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
    https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Options
    Welcome to this forum classmates.The reitre date of the VCP 5.5 is a concern but passing it will certify you for 2 years and if u are already certified in the 5.5 you don't need to do any training for the 6.0, you can just sit the exam. so that's a huge deal because You won't have to train again.

I will try to sit the exam before the end of December because you can sit the exam before the class but u won't get the credential until the class is over and successfully completed.
    :

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck to all taking the class!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    HailHogwashHailHogwash Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Welcome to this forum classmates.The reitre date of the VCP 5.5 is a concern

So do you happen to know when 5.5 retires?
  • Options
    barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Right I'm going to give it a shot, even if they retire 5.5 if you have 2 years to upgrade then I'm happy with that.

Is anyone going to buy the books or use any other resources alongside the training?
    Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
    https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Options
    There seems to be an retire date of Dectember 31 for the VCP 5.1 . Good news is I don't see a retire date for the 5.5 so that is good news for now!!!!!
    :

• Options
    KoreKore Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looks like I am joining the team. I got my invitation yesterday.
  • Options
    catakcatak Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I received my e-mail as well. Looking forward to the class.
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Got the email too, looking forward to it.
  • Options
    catakcatak Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just curious, are we supposed to see something in MyVMware that we're registered in this class? What about the exam voucher, does this show up when we successfully complete the course? Thx.
  • Options
    HailHogwashHailHogwash Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There seems to be an retire date of Dectember 31 for the VCP 5.1 . Good news is I don't see a retire date for the 5.5 so that is good news for now!!!!!

Thanks .. I am also in the class.
  • Options
    catak wrote: »
    Just curious, are we supposed to see something in MyVMware that we're registered in this class? What about the exam voucher, does this show up when we successfully complete the course? Thx.

I think you don't see the exam voucher until after course is completed, its suppose to be 70% off the exam if I'm not mistaken.
    :

• Options
    I have confirmed with a representative from VMware the VCP5.5 HAS NO RETIRE DATE at the moment so we are all in the clear.......lets get ready for this class.......:Dicon_cool.gificon_thumright.gif
    :

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have confirmed with a representative from VMware the VCP5.5 HAS NO RETIRE DATE at the moment so we are all in the clear.......lets get ready for this class.......:Dicon_cool.gificon_thumright.gif

Good luck bro!! You will learn a lot on virtualization and it's a great introduction to the overview of the concepts and implementation. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Good luck bro!! You will learn a lot on virtualization and it's a great introduction to the overview of the concepts and implementation. :)
    Thanks bro, if I need anything will give you a shout to pick your brain about VCP. I am excited and ready to goicon_thumright.gif
    :

• Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your instructor will send you full instructions regarding the voucher, exam, and credit for the course near the end of the class.
    I think you don't see the exam voucher until after course is completed, its suppose to be 70% off the exam if I'm not mistaken.
  • Options
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Your instructor will send you full instructions regarding the voucher, exam, and credit for the course near the end of the class.

Thanks for the info!
    :

• Options
    nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've gotten my invitation and I'm ready to go! Super excited to get going on this!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Options
    I've gotten my invitation and I'm ready to go! Super excited to get going on this!

LET THE GAMES BEGINicon_cool.gif
    :

• Options
    quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    Got my invitation yesterday. I didn't think I was going to get in. So this course satisfies the requirements to sit for the VCP? Not that I'm apposed to a $3,000 boot camp....>.>
  • Options
    Got my invitation yesterday. I didn't think I was going to get in. So this course satisfies the requirements to sit for the VCP? Not that I'm apposed to a $3,000 boot camp....>.>

Yes this is a VMware Approved course.
    :