Options

Stanly Oct-Dec

Comments

• Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The course we offer meets the education portion of the VM certification. However, this course is designed for students who have not yet taken the VCP exam. Students who have already passed the exam would still have to retake the exam using the voucher given at the end of the course in order to receive full VMware VCP certification.

greg9891 wrote: »
    Yes this is a VMware Approved course.
  • Options
    Shane2Shane2 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Will everyone who received a notice for the upcoming course be able to take it this go around?

I recieved a notification and responded a few weeks ago, but have yet to get another email with payment instruction. I know it said I would recieve before the 10th, and while it is only the 6th, I figured I'd ask.
  • Options
    Please be assured we are working on this now. If you have not yet received your payment email, you will shortly.

Shane2 wrote: »
    Will everyone who received a notice for the upcoming course be able to take it this go around?

I recieved a notification and responded a few weeks ago, but have yet to get another email with payment instruction. I know it said I would recieve before the 10th, and while it is only the 6th, I figured I'd ask.
  • Options
    tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Shane2 wrote: »

In the same boat as you.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • Options
    Shane2Shane2 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In the same boat as you.

FYI, I received my email this evening and paid my fee, hopefully yours will come soon!
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Received my email as well this evening...............icon_cool.gifI have some minor issues to clear up with them though. but am excited can't wait to get started.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Received my email as well this evening...............icon_cool.gifI have some minor issues to clear up with them though. but am excited can't wait to get started.

Welcome to the world of virtualization!! icon_thumright.gif

Looking forward to your progress in this class
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    winterpegmanwinterpegman Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got my email yesterday, paid today. Woo Hoo!

So, question for you all....A tech I know sat the 5.1 course (from another class provider, through work). He was convinced that the course material was not enough information to pass the exam, and over a year later he still hasn't written it. He's too scared! What is particularly unsettling is that he works with VMware on a consistent basis, and knows it fairly well. Another tech I know who also knows it well, was a VCP on 4x, wrote the 5.1 exam, and failed.

So, have any of you heard of similar experiences, and just how short on knowledge/experience are we after the class, and what tools should we be using to give ourselves a fighting chance on the exam?

Good luck all!
  • Options
    catakcatak Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Stanley_CC

So, I've made my payment and ordered my ebook, however I don't see any classes listed in the Webadvisor main board when I log in. Also, I have yet to receive a download link for the ebook. Thanks.
  • Options
    These courses are entered on a "do not publish" basis so that we can make sure those on our waiting list have first option of enrolling. You will not see the course in Moodle, our online learning management system, until the start date of 10/27/2015. You will be receiving an email later giving you full information on your instructor, class schedule, logins, etc. Just bare with us a little longer.

catak wrote: »
    Stanley_CC

So, I've made my payment and ordered my ebook, however I don't see any classes listed in the Webadvisor main board when I log in. Also, I have yet to receive a download link for the ebook. Thanks.
  • Options
    pipmanpipman Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I received the notification email and replied immediately, no sign of an email with payment instructions .... looking forward to starting ...
  • Options
    urstuffplz1urstuffplz1 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Been offered a place as well, however I have some concerns:

I've not long started university in the UK. Would you recommend this course for someone like me at my current moment?

I'm currently working 24 hours a week and studying pretty much all of the time outside of work.
    2018 Goals: CCNP Route 300-101[X], CCNP Switch 300-115[X], CCNP T'Shoot 300-135[X], VCP-DCV 6[], 70-412[], 70-413[], 70-414[]
  • Options
    prakash.dbprakash.db Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    even, I received the notification email and replied immediately, no sign of an email with payment instructions , looking forward for the same
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The class itself is not until the 27th of October so just give it some time. I have got to get my security + out of the way before the start of this class. probably take it on the 24 hopefully.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Been offered a place as well, however I have some concerns:

I've not long started university in the UK. Would you recommend this course for someone like me at my current moment?

I'm currently working 24 hours a week and studying pretty much all of the time outside of work.

I took the course last year. It's not really that time-intensive or super-difficult. I say go for it.
  • Options
    NidzNidz Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    paid the fee. count me in guys
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well I'm paid up. Let's do this!
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    someperson49someperson49 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All paid up gentlemen! Let's do this! Who ordered the ebook? Is it worth it?
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Options
    barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All paid up and ready. Not got the ebook myself I have a copy of the mastering 5.5 book and the cbt nuggets series for the 5.5 so hoping a combination of those plus the Stanley and some labbing with the blueprint will be enough!
    Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
    https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Options
    @Stanly_CC
    I received the offer email last week, which I accepted, but still no sign of the email with payment details - getting anxious as the payment is due tomorrow, and I still haven't got the details!! Any idea when I might get the mail?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Please send me a private message with your name & email address.

pipman wrote: »
    @Stanly_CC
    I received the offer email last week, which I accepted, but still no sign of the email with payment details - getting anxious as the payment is due tomorrow, and I still haven't got the details!! Any idea when I might get the mail?
    Thanks
  • Options
    flying_postmanflying_postman Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Please send me a private message with your name & email address.

I also sent you a PM, haven't received the email for payment info either. It stated I would have received it before today.
  • Options
    We added a couple of extra sections, so it is taking a little longer. Emails should be going out this evening.
    I also sent you a PM, haven't received the email for payment info either. It stated I would have received it before today.
  • Options
    radusradus Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    I received today the confirmation for my course, I've tried to follow the steps to do the payment, but I got an error while trying to login to Webadvisor and change the password.
    I used the UserID and default Password I received, but I get this message:
    Error
    The error below has occurred with the system. Consult the site administrator for further assistance.
    Error (9R8VSX-2015.10.14-02.49.26.AM): null

Can someone help? Thank you
  • Options
    Try again, I got this error an hour ago, and logged a call with support
    Tried it again, and managed to get past all of that - but got an error when making the actual payment ...
  • Options
    radusradus Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, it worked well finally.
    All paid up and ready.
    Thanks
  • Options
    catakcatak Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Stanly_CC

Does this course follow the VMware blueprint?
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Has anyone accessed the Stanly email account yet?