Options

Stanly Oct-Dec

Comments

• Options
    nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yep. It's a gmail account. I didn't have anything in it but the standard "Welcome to Gmail" messages, but I imagine that it would be a good idea to keep an eye on it as the 27th approaches.
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    All paid up and ready to go!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    flying_postmanflying_postman Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    We added a couple of extra sections, so it is taking a little longer. Emails should be going out this evening.

I gave it a day but I haven't received the 2nd email yet. The initial email stated I would have gotten the 2nd email with payment details before the 13th. I have PMed you my wait list authorization number.
  • Options
    pipmanpipman Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have tried to pay the fee, and received a failure error yesterday!
    I spoke to my bank, and according to them, there were two transactions that did not complete properly. They said that the issue was with the payment gateway, and as a result there are 2 outstanding transactions on my credit card. This won't allow me to submit another payment until these ones clear (or according to the bank is 'dropped') which can take up to 48 hours to occur. This will push me past the payment deadline of today ... has anyone else experienced issues with payments?
  • Options
    pipmanpipman Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just retried the payment system, and guess what?! It went through successfully - maybe the fact that it is 4am in the US helps.
  • Options
    pipman wrote: »
    Just retried the payment system, and guess what?! It went through successfully - maybe the fact that it is 4am in the US helps.

Oh yeahhhhh Excellent new pipman.....Welcome classmateicon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I signed up for this course as well.
  • Options
    flying_postmanflying_postman Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Received the payment notification email this morning and payed immediately (was a bit surprised it went through seeing that it was past the payment deadline). Apparently the payment email was sent to an incorrect address that looked similar to mine which was responsible for the delay. Anyway I'm just glad to be here for this great opportunity.
  • Options
    Received the payment notification email this morning and payed immediately (was a bit surprised it went through seeing that it was past the payment deadline). Apparently the payment email was sent to an incorrect address that looked similar to mine which was responsible for the delay. Anyway I'm just glad to be here for this great opportunity.

Glad you are able to join fun out classmate!
    :

• Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My tip is to make sure you get the labs done early. The last few days before the deadline have spots fill up quick! Great class - I took it Mar-May.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    catakcatak Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any resources or links to start our home labs?
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The lab manual that comes with the book is pretty good. Or you can wing it.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I pay for my classes today, I can't wait to start next week!
  • Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Classes paid for I'm ready!
  • Options
    sferg410sferg410 Member Posts: 129
    I applied and got the email, I am about to pay.
    I had concerns over a vSphere 5 course when 6 is the current and emailed them and got a good reply.
    Basically exam VCP-510 is being retired, but VCP-550 will be going for some time yet, this is for VCP5-DCV cert. So basically you are doing a $180 course to qualify you for VCP exams rather than a $2000+ course or whatever they cost.
    Once you pass the VCP-550, you can do a vSphere 6 update exam or any other VCP exam you care to do with out forking out $1000's for a real time taught lab course.
    To sum up, all sounds like a winning situation to me. As for the ebook, what is it, $3??? So why would you not get it? Print it out on a laser printer with duplexing, I got mine for £50 and away you go.
    VMware Professional here I come.....
  • Options
    You get the VCP 5 certification but from my understanding you can do the VCP 6 delta exam. Then once you get the VCP 6 delta, you can do any other the other VCP exams and then go for the VCIX exams.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    Shane2Shane2 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anybody know when we will get class information? I see people were still registering as of yesterday, so I'm assuming they haven't sent anything out yet, and will not until they close registration.
  • Options
    Shane2 wrote: »
    Anybody know when we will get class information? I see people were still registering as of yesterday, so I'm assuming they haven't sent anything out yet, and will not until they close registration.

Nevermind, received an email today.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    How do the labs work? Is it a remote desktop?
  • Options
    nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think that I will get the book after all, but the ebook version. I'll let you guys know what I think.
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Options
    How do the labs work? Is it a remote desktop?

You make appointments for NETLAB time slots - virtual Ubuntu 14.04 x86 (or it was).

nascar_paul: I bought the real, green VMware IT Academy Lecture Manuals from Stanly and they're really nice (spiral-bound) icon_cool.gif! You could just finish the class with the material provided though.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    sferg410sferg410 Member Posts: 129
    I am all paid up. Does anyone know how many study hours the course is? I can't find the info for that anywhere. Is it like couple of hours a day? 10 hours a week? 25+ hours a week?
    Just wondering how much of my free time I will need to dedicate to the course.
    Thanks
  • Options
    You're probably going to put more time in the beginning, getting it up and then plateau later. I am taking the class for Ocotber, this is just coming from running an ESXi host in my homelab. You get over the hump and it isn't so bad.

• Options
    mu5ic92mu5ic92 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i added myself to the wait list yesterday. is there any chance I may be able to get in for October? Or best chance some time next year? Really looking forward to taking this class as I have vmware experience under my belt from work.
  • Options
    mu5ic92 wrote: »
    i added myself to the wait list yesterday. is there any chance I may be able to get in for October? Or best chance some time next year? Really looking forward to taking this class as I have vmware experience under my belt from work.

I placed myself on the waitlist in June, got in on the October session. Others have confirmed the 4 month wait.
  • Options
    After all that.........Oct 27 is just Around the Corner. Can't Wait
    :

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking for options to save a penny on ebooks. Anyone has any ideas?
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you've taken a SANS course recently and they created an onthehub account for you, the VMware ebook is cheaper through that account.
  • Options
    sferg410: The class is 80 Contact Hours but you can finish each section (a few modules) as fast as you want. You have to wait for the next section to open tho. I finished the class about 3 weeks early.

mu5ic92: I was on the waitlist during Fall 2014 and got in Mar-May 2015.
  • Options
    vmfreshvmfresh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Friends,
    Its awesome to see all your classmates at one place.Excited to start tomorrow.

-vmfresh