Options

Stanly Oct-Dec

Comments

• Options
    mu5ic92mu5ic92 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    vmfresh wrote: »
    Hey Friends,
    Its awesome to see all your classmates at one place.Excited to start tomorrow.

-vmfresh

Is there a session in January?
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Does anyone know when the NETLAB is available? I was hoping to look at it before the module starts.
  • Options
    lovegod786lovegod786 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see you can book the labs now.

Do you know where do I download the lecture slides? or is it available to download?
  • Options
    vmfreshvmfresh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mu5ic92 wrote: »
    Is there a session in January?

Not sure, its better you put yourself in wait list and wait for the email. don't have any other contact.
  • Options
    catakcatak Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lab Interface:

I attempted to start the "test" to determine if my work "firewall" would interfere. Unfortunately the test failed with both I.E. and Firefox. However, if I skip the test the site allows me to see all the labs, but I have yet to find out if it would work because there is only a 4 hr. window and I'm at work at the moment. Any work around? Thanks.
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know when the NETLAB is available? I was hoping to look at it before the module starts.

works fine, except not very comfy to start every jnlp (downloaded in safari on mac, instead of running).
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    it's in netlabs - right column against specific lab
  • Options
    vmfresh wrote: »
    Not sure, its better you put yourself in wait list and wait for the email. don't have any other contact.
    Added myself to the waitlist a couple of days ago. Gonna be on the look out.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    How does the teacher know if you have completed a lab?
  • Options
    nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Required Resources
    The following resources MUST be purchased for this course:
    Textbook and Course Resources:
    The required textbook information is as follows. The price quoted is from the Stanly Community College Bookstore (704-991-0229):
    TITLE: VMWARE VSPHERE 5.5: INSTALL,CONFIGURE,MANAGE
    AUTHOR & PUBLISHER: GILMORE
    NEW: $43.50 + tax

So, what's up with that? I thought that the book was optional.
    icon_study.gif
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Options
    barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I thought the same too Paul so I ended up buying the ebook last night just in case. All it is though really is a copy of all the powerpoint slides from the looks of it and the lab excercises.

Didn't get chance to have a good look through last night though.
    Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
    https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The last time i checked it still was? the previous classes it wasn't mandatory to purchase the book.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I never even opened my books when I took the course last year.
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    While the textbook has always been required, we cannot force anyone to purchase it. The labs are not in the textbook, but the text explains why you do what you do in the labs, and it is a great study tool for the certification exam.
  • Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How to I obtain my Class ID to register in my VMware Profile?
  • Options
    Does Stanly CC give you a certificite of completion when you successfully finish the course?
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It should be tied to your VMware ID. I think the intro video and syllabus stated that this information is shared at the end of the course.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    It should be tied to your VMware ID. I think the intro video and syllabus stated that this information is shared at the end of the course.
    Ok Thanks , do they give out paper certificates also or do they allow you to download a pdf one ? thanks
    :

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Ok Thanks , do they give out paper certificates also or do they allow you to download a pdf one ? thanks

If it's the ICM class then they should give you one upon completion via a PDF and most likely you can request a physical one. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Shane2Shane2 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is anybody else having issues with the labs? I'm having serious wait times with deploying machines. In lab 2 of the module 2, when configuring the VM, the wait for Time sync, database, and especially SSO config are taking ages, SSO took 25 minutes last night alone.
  • Options
    CCNTraineeCCNTrainee Member Posts: 213
    Anyone know if we have access to the software and such? I remember when I was a student last Fall Class (Oct-Dec) students were able to download all the software like workstation, esxi, vsphere software and all that good stuff. I can't seem to find or locate it anymore.
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can download the trial from VMware and under module two is the license for ESXi and vCenter
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    HailHogwashHailHogwash Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Shane2 wrote: »
    Is anybody else having issues with the labs? I'm having serious wait times with deploying machines. In lab 2 of the module 2, when configuring the VM, the wait for Time sync, database, and especially SSO config are taking ages, SSO took 25 minutes last night alone.

I had the same issues too as well with that step causing me to run out of time and having to start over the lab because I did not reserve a lot of time.
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The instructor does say repeatedly to reserve the full four hours of time and it's stated in a few places that the module two labs will take a long time to run. The rest of the labs that I've seen aren't as slow.
  • Options
    If it's the ICM class then they should give you one upon completion via a PDF and most likely you can request a physical one. ;)

Thanks Appreciate it. Good to know as I will be turning that into HR when i'm done.!
    :

• Options
    dfortierdfortier Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So this is where everyone is hiding out.
    BlackBeret wrote: »
    The instructor does say repeatedly to reserve the full four hours of time and it's stated in a few places that the module two labs will take a long time to run. The rest of the labs that I've seen aren't as slow.

Not sure I saw that he specifically said to reserve 4 hours, just that it would take some time. So I was caught off guard as well and ended up redoing the lab.
  • Options
    CCNTrainee wrote: »
    Anyone know if we have access to the software and such? I remember when I was a student last Fall Class (Oct-Dec) students were able to download all the software like workstation, esxi, vsphere software and all that good stuff. I can't seem to find or locate it anymore.

Ill try to find the post but I remember seeing somebody on here say that, that benefit was eliminated by VMware.
  • Options
    dehgrah wrote: »
    How to I obtain my Class ID to register in my VMware Profile?

Contact your instructor. At the end of the course, he will send out specific instructions on how to register with VMware and get your voucher and course credit.
  • Options
    higahiga Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed my Stanly VMware course couple of months ago.

- I didn't get a class ID to register in VMware Profile
    - I only did get my paper certificate through the post. No pdf to print.

You do get an document from instructor when you pass, there is stated how to get your discount voucher and how to register. Unfortunately I don't see the 70% voucher discount and another url link is not working either. I have pm'ed STANLY_CC.
  • Options
    If you were in the class that ended in July, 2015, all students were sent an email with specific instructions on how to register with Kivuto to get credit for the course and obtain your voucher. There was no class id to enter with VMware. If you registered correctly, you would have rece3ived an email from Kivuto in your student email account. However, some were sent to personal email addresses. You should check your spam folders of both accounts. If you find you did not receive them, please contact your instructor ASAP to obtain these instructions.
    higa wrote: »
    I passed my Stanly VMware course couple of months ago.

- I didn't get a class ID to register in VMware Profile
    - I only did get my paper certificate through the post. No pdf to print.

You do get an document from instructor when you pass, there is stated how to get your discount voucher and how to register. Unfortunately I don't see the 70% voucher discount and another url link is not working either. I have pm'ed STANLY_CC.