Options

Stanly Oct-Dec

Comments

• Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    with the certificate that comes at the end of this course. can you change the shipping address from the address posted?
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you referring the course certificate of completion from the college? It is sent to whatever address is in your student id.
    greg9891 wrote: »
    with the certificate that comes at the end of this course. can you change the shipping address from the address posted?
  • Options
    Ok thanks!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    someperson49someperson49 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How does the teacher know if you have completed a lab?

How does Stanly know? is it through the quiz after each lab.
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□

It probably records actions in the lab and waits for you to achieve a certain action to consider complete.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    HailHogwashHailHogwash Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□

The instructor pointed out that only he can see whether you have done labs or not. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone know how strict this class is for deadlines? I ended up a week behind and trying to catch up now.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • Options
    KoreKore Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did anyone encounter issues with their labs this weekend? For some reason the second host was inaccessible.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Anyone know how strict this class is for deadlines? I ended up a week behind and trying to catch up now.

When I took the course, the only two time-related requirements where on the first day and to make sure everything was done by the last day of class.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
    stryder144 wrote: »
    When I took the course, the only two time-related requirements where on the first day and to make sure everything was done by the last day of class.

Yeah I did all the labs the last two weeks of class. They say that isn't recommended because of scheduling concerns but I never had any problems getting time slots.
  • Options
    Wow! class is almost finished. its Been a great run.
    :

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Wow! class is almost finished. its Been a great run.

Go get that VCP icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Go get that VCP icon_thumright.gif

You know it Brother.! icon_cheers.gif
    :

• Options
    nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Starting Lab 22 now! I'm going to be sad to see it go! It was so fun and went so fast!
    icon_cheers.gif
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looks like I'm running head of the train - just scheduled my vcp exam for end of next week ;)
  • Options
    AlexL wrote: »
    Looks like I'm running head of the train - just scheduled my vcp exam for end of next week ;)

Are you using just the class as study material?
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    Are you using just the class as study material?

For the course - there's nothing very special, just what is offered.
    For exam - real world experience mostly, I already passed vcp55 exam, but missed the training (thought that vsphere4 training is enough for exam - wasted some cash).
  • Options
    all good things must come to an end. now its time to study!!!
    :

• Options
    Also don't forget for those who are out of school. Stanly does give you access to an email.

Its username@scc.stanly.edu

So you can sign up for all the college related goodies

Like 6 months of Pluralsight (through visual studio)
    Dreamspark for a year (maybe more)
    Discounted Microsoft exams (Instead of $150 its $83)

• Options
    Shane2Shane2 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    AlexL wrote: »

Did you already get your course voucher? I thought the only way to get credit for the course was with the voucher.
  • Options
    Shane2 wrote: »
    Did you already get your course voucher? I thought the only way to get credit for the course was with the voucher.
    you can go to vmware store (left pane in moodle) and request it. i did it this morning

it costs 52.50$ for VCP550PSE in VUE after 70% discount for me, probably taxes are not included since im not from us.
  • Options
    nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    Also don't forget for those who are out of school. Stanly does give you access to an email.

Its username@scc.stanly.edu

So you can sign up for all the college related goodies

Like 6 months of Pluralsight (through visual studio)
    Dreamspark for a year (maybe more)
    Discounted Microsoft exams (Instead of $150 its $83)

How long does this account remain active? Amazon Prime for students too!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Options
    How long does this account remain active? Amazon Prime for students too!

I don't know. I only actively needed it yesterday.

• Options
    catakcatak Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I successfully fulfilled all class requirements, however I haven't received an e-mail to access the VMware store to receive the test voucher.
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Account information was just uploaded last week, and it may take a few days. However, check your SCC email account--especially your spam folder for an email from Kivuto.

catak wrote: »
    I successfully fulfilled all class requirements, however I haven't received an e-mail to access the VMware store to receive the test voucher.
  • Options
    jack84iejack84ie Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Will Stanly_CC be offering the VCP6- CMA or DTM ?
  • Options
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Account information was just uploaded last week, and it may take a few days. However, check your SCC email account--especially your spam folder for an email from Kivuto.

I understand the onthehub has the eText of some of the VMware textbooks. Is there a way to purchase the physical books from you guys?

• Options
    radusradus Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I fulfilled all class requirements, but haven't received any e-mail in order to receive the test voucher. Last e-mail received was 14th December: "Please be aware that it can take up to 5 days AFTER the end of class for you to receive your email. ". The end of class was 7 days ago, but any news. I checked also my spam folder...
    Radu
  • Options
    pipmanpipman Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You should have received a mail saying "An account was created for you"
    That gives you the link to login and retrieve your vouchers, etc. I got mine yesterday, and have vouchers and all now.
    This link will also give you a VMware software entitlement.
  • Options
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Contact your instructor. At the end of the course, he will send out specific instructions on how to register with VMware and get your voucher and course credit.

I have received the email for the voucher. Which I have registered for and requested. Still no email on vmware course credit information.