Options

Passing Security + 401

MkroadrushMkroadrush Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I'm on the final days (5) of taking the security+ Exam. First time taking a CompTIA exam. I know my ways around network/computers and working in the IT field (security/antivirus/Certificates). I want to pass this exam the first time and go on with my life until the next cert.

If you recently took the exam or not, what tips/advice can you give to current exam takers. The exam structure and what to look for or be aware of etc.

Thanks,

M

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Get Gibson's Book and online blog. Practice. There might be simulations. READ the questions carefully.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    TallDude7TallDude7 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gibsons got me maybe 60% of the way. The rest was going through the course objectives line by line. Take a LOT of practice tests that explains the answer. Read the multiple choice questions at least twice and look for key words. The bottom line is the exam was designed to make you think.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Re-read each question to figure out what they are asking you specifically for that question - usually the BOLD keywords help somewhat. Skip questions you are unsure of because the test is adaptive. Save the performance-based questions for last unless it's something you're super confident that you'll finish quickly. Good luck!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    MkroadrushMkroadrush Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @=DAVIS NGUYEN

I wish. I have not taken the exam yet, this coming week. I will reply back regardless the outcome, and give details for others.