Options

Don't upgrade to vSphere 5.5u3

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Major bug in VMware vSphere 5.5 Update 3. VM crashes after snapshot delete. Do not upgrade to Update 3! | UP2V
A major bug was discovered recently in VMware vSphere 5.5 Update 3. VM’s crash after a snapshot is deleted. In many cases this happens during backup. Crashes are independant on the guest operating system

VMware states this is a major bug. There is no fix yet. There is no KB article yet. The only fix is to downgrade to vSphere 5.5 Update 2.
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    am3rig0am3rig0 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    With people patching VMSA-2015-0007 | United States which was just announced, guess there will be a fair few admins who will start seeing their VMs go down after the backup window if they miss this. Can't win!
  • Options
    hurrdlethesquirtlehurrdlethesquirtle Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just updated a few host to 5.5u3 time to rollback and wait until the 15th. The 5.5u3 added some security also from what I've read this is confusing to stay in 5.5u2 or go 6.0u1.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for the Warning....sorry you had to find out the hard way......thanks for the heads up.icon_thumright.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    am3rig0am3rig0 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□