CCNA Security 210-260 booked

HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
Got confirmation that my exam is booked for the 16th. I have the CCNA Security Boson boot camp scheduled for the week of the 11th. Just ordered the book today after finding out my boot camp update from the 640-554 to the 210-260 material. I have been on the CCNA Security track for awhile since I finished my CCNP back in January. Just been to busy to sit the 640 exam since I knew I was going to take a boot camp sometime during the year. Read the 640 book twice, Did the CBT nuggets with Keith Barker, read the CCNA Security Portable command line guide and watched some of Bryant Videos. I read the first 4 chapters of the book online through a 10 day trial and there is a lot of overlap even some word for word from the 640 book. The book reads a little easier then the 640 in my opinion. I installed a ACS server at work at the end of last year and basically tricked it out as much as I could. Complex method lists and AAA oh my! So if all goes well maybe I will be the first TE member to pass the exam. Looking forward to some ASA labs at the boot camp since we are a Cisco shop but only use Palo Altos for our firewalls. I have over 1000 VTI VPN tunnels and manage a few hundred Flex VPN tunnels so should be able to zip through the VPN stuff. I will keep everyone update through my journey.
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep us updated! I think I'll be taking the new one End of November.
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hondabuff wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I would do as well if I hadn't already bought OCG + Boson...
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • mj8mj4mj8mj4 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I booked it for the 16th too ....
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So far I'm through chapter 8 and there is very little change so far. The new book does a better job in explaining IKE with Phase one being a multidirectional tunnel and Phase 2 being 2 unidirectional tunnels. The 640 book only explained it as 2 tunnels and the 210 book explains it as really 3. I can see the ASA configuration has increased a lot. I did read the 640-554 book twice before but the writing style of the 210 book is very good and clear. Here is a link to the book for $19 if anyone is planning to study for this. Wont last long. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CCNA-Security-210-260-Official-Cert-Guide-/291574594328?hash=item43e3333b18 Also CCP is covered in the new book.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • bigbenhotnessbigbenhotness Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hondabuff wrote: »
    So far I'm through chapter 8 and there is very little change so far. The new book does a better job in explaining IKE with Phase one being a multidirectional tunnel and Phase 2 being 2 unidirectional tunnels. The 640 book only explained it as 2 tunnels and the 210 book explains it as really 3. I can see the ASA configuration has increased a lot. I did read the 640-554 book twice before but the writing style of the 210 book is very good and clear. Here is a link to the book for $19 if anyone is planning to study for this. Wont last long. New CCNA Security 210 260 Official Cert Guide | eBay Also CCP is covered in the new book.

You are just using the book to pass the exam?
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So far this is my list.

1) Read the 640-554 book twice
    2) Watched CBT nuggets 640-554 from Keith Barker
    3) Read CCNA Security portable Command line guide. More like skimmed through chapters I was weak on.
    4) Currently reading 210-260 book.
    5) GNS3 for CCP practice and VM Desktop for Cisco ACS practice. I currently have 2 Cisco ACS servers I have implemented in a production network last year and I'm really strong on method lists and parser views.
    6) Have to brush up on configuring Cryptomaps for site to site VPN's. We Currently use VTI tunnels with static routes and also started using Flex VPN with DVTI's and Digital certificates. Currently have about 80 Flex VPN's deployed.
    7) Attending CCNA Security 210-260 Boot Camp from Boson on 10/11-10/16 in Tampa Fl.
    8 ) Been testing out on Boson exams and various VCE files. At this point I'm not sure what else to try since there isn't much out on the 210-260 exams in regards to practice exams or additional study material. Only thing I fear is running into a Sim where you have to manually configure a ASA but hopefully it will be covered in the BootCamp.