Options

Passed my first cert!! yahoooooooooo

MTA Windows Server Administration. It wasn't as easy as the practice tests on Measureup, lol.

1. A lot of Group Policy questions.
2. A lot of storage questions.
3. A lot of scenarious.

They asked me one question about Group Policy Loopback... I was like "wtf is this".

Study Material;
1. Pluralsight
2. Some chapters on this book http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Server-Administration-Essentials/dp/1118016866/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1443884629&sr=8-2&keywords=mta+windows+server+administration+fundamentals. Mainly the Application servers chapter and performance/maintenance chapters.
3. Used this as my daily study guide. Read it once before bed every night. http://www.techexams.net/forums/other-microsoft-electives/88798-mta-98-365-resources-technet.html

Shout out to Horusthesun for making this guide. Definitely helped out a lot bro.
Had 40 minutes for the test, passed it in 20 minutes. I'd say those three things really helped.

Also, now I'm apart of the MCP website :D. Super excited about that.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! The first of many...it gets addictive! :D
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    systemstechsystemstech Member Posts: 120
    fuz1on wrote: »

Actually was suprirsed how much the questions stumped me. I was talking to the guy at the cert center. I was like "yeah, a lot of people said it was a breeze. It seems like it stumped on some questions though". He was like "Yeah, Microsoft is upping the exam and how hard it is". Heck, I even saw a System Center question on it! About VMM and converting physical to virtual.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fuz1on wrote: »

Congrats! I second that ^ it does get addictive.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!! Onward and upward!
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats System! Doesn't it feel good? I just took that exam last Tuesday. I agree, some of those questions were NOT in my study materials. Some of those I had enough experience to answer while a few of them were completely new to me. Glad it wasn't just me then :)
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Gratz Sir (or Ma'am)!
    meh
  • Options
    newinew54newinew54 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.......
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Great News Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    shadab0773shadab0773 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi am planning on to take the 98-365 is measure up any good ? thinking of purchasing the practice exams for it

Thanks
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Woo! Congrats! Now you've felt the buzz of passing an exam, you'll be energized to take many, many more. But just remember, you won't pass them all. Let negative/failed tests be your determining factor on pushing you to pass!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Wow, guy is getting congrats a year after he passed.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Better late than never! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    ming746ming746 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job my friend! Keep adding them up
  • Options
    Giv2Giv2 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Whoa! That's nice. Pushes me to go ahead and get mine.
  • Options
    ITJay88ITJay88 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HI Systemstech, how was the exam? how many questions were there?

I'm taking the exam at the end of March, and I'm currently using Pluralsight and the Wiley book to study. I was wondering you had any pointers?

Thanks!
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ITJay88 wrote: »
    HI Systemstech, how was the exam? how many questions were there?

I'm taking the exam at the end of March, and I'm currently using Pluralsight and the Wiley book to study. I was wondering you had any pointers?

Thanks!

I took this one.. It is surprisingly harder than you would think being an MTA. I actually failed it the first pass because I didn't study hard enough. When I took it there were 37 questions.

Good luck!
    -scott