Options

IT Support Technician Diploma with CompTIA

deniedaccessdeniedaccess Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
On the Pitman-Training website they offer a course called "IT Support Technician Diploma with CompTIA".

Is this a proper qualification or just A+ training with a few extra subjects thrown in? If the latter, is it worth it or could you recommend any other online training courses for an IT support qualification?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I have not heard of Pitman nor anything called 'IT support....diploma". So, it sounds gimmicky. Rarely, does one need 'training' for A+ certification prep. Experience and a couple of texts go a LONG way. My guess is this is merely a title generated by an institution to collect some money from newbies. Nothing 'bad' about the title, but not noteworthy industry wide.

Get the basic certification and set your goals higher! Your money will be better invested. IMHSO
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    CJWelch89CJWelch89 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi deniedaccess,

I wouldn't bother with Pitman-Training or any of these quick fix companies, they are extortionate.

They are trying to spruce up the course title by chucking in 'diploma' which in itself makes me question their integrity.

Do what most of us do and self-study, for the A+ I doubt you'll even need a book. Get on YouTube and search for Comptia A+ training, you'll find all you need.

Hint: Professor Messor is where it's at for the free training and free practice exams are available all over the web.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    A+ is one of those certs you can get with free training or very low cost training.
    Get professor messer videos (free) and the book or maybe the Skillsoft course and you should be good to go.
    Study hard and you will be fine.
    Comptia will give you the papers when you pass, dont pay someone else extra for stuff like that.
    meh