Options

Why do people hate the CISSP?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jeremywatts2005jeremywatts2005 Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ryston said:

Jeremywatts, for what it's worth I study Red Teaming and CISSP material because some day if/when I get a job on a red team my job will be to report to a CISSP holder how to improve their security.  Understanding their paradigm will help me effectively communicate findings to them.  Maybe I'm going overkill, I don't know.

Actually Ryston the CISSP will be reporting to you. Likely you will be a red team lead and the CISSP will be sitting in monitoring trying to study for an OSCP LOL.... No joke I have a lot of CISSP holders who I have to direct during investigations and incidents. In DFIR and Red Team you have to know the technical specs and how to implement them. That is an arch and red team personnel working together. CISSP honestly I don't even see as directors anymore they have become so common place. Most of the directors in DFIR I see have OSCP, CASP, GCIH or other certs along those lines. A CISSP doesn't benefit to that level like it used to. I can remember a CISSP would be a sure shot or as close to it as you could get in security management. Now it is not.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    FYI: This thread is from 2015. Please realize that some of the information presented here does not apply to the modern day CISSP exam or cert.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    edited January 2019
    You beat me to it. Surprised no one realized the 3+ year necro and just went with it.
  • Options
    ITHokieITHokie Member Posts: 158 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You beat me to it. Surprised no one realized the 3+ year necro and just went with it.
    I would imagine that others, like me, aren't familiar with the new site layout. 
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    We had this same problem on the old vBulliten site too.
  • Options
    ITHokieITHokie Member Posts: 158 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's fine, but there is no obvious timestamp on the thread and the message timestamps are practically part of the user profile. I didn't notice until I really looked for it. Not a big deal.