Options

Week away from CCNA

Robbo777Robbo777 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi, I took the CCNA about a month ago and failed but what was the equivalent of a few percent. I'm 1 week away from doing it again and really want to pass this time!!
Last time I wasn't as comfortable on the lab questions but this time I feel as though I would be a lot lot better at it because of the past month I have spent my time configuring a medium sized network with 2 sites in GNS3! I feel a lot more confident all together now with this even to the point where I don't need any help anymore.
I was wondering since I have a week and would like to do another lab set up, anyone have any ideas?? The last one I made had 2 sites with
DHCP Vlans configured
NAT
Spanning tree
Router on a stick in one site
EIGRP connecting the 2

Any other kind of design or other features I should be looking to configure maybe in packet tracer this time??

Thanks everyone for the help.

Comments

• Options
    late_collisionlate_collision Member Posts: 146
    Robbo777 wrote: »
    Any other kind of design or other features I should be looking to configure

Frame Relay
  • Options
    Robbo777Robbo777 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Shouldn't I stick to HDLC more because it's cisco proprietary? Just curious
  • Options
    White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    I would not be concerned with DHCP for the CCNA, that is discussed in CCNP.

Troubleshoot EIGRP, OSPF, and frame relay. Are you familiar with frame relay commands?
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • Options
    TWXTWX Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A coworker of mine took CCNA R&S on a lark at Cisco Live and got hammered with serial and frame relay.

I use EIGRP at work so I've been playing with OSPF at home.

The course I took made a point of discussing ip helper and centralized DHCP, so again, my lab at home has DHCP from one router, and the networks on the other routers are configured with ip helper.
  • Options
    ---- that is discussed in CCNP. Troubleshoot EIGRP, OSPF, and frame relay. Are you familiar with frame relay commands?
    You sure about that? The CCNAX immersion course that I took made a point to go over DHCP topics even though we could have benefited from that course time being spent on other tech.
  • Options
    White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    TWX wrote: »
    You sure about that? The CCNAX immersion course that I took made a point to go over DHCP topics even though we could have benefited from that course time being spent on other tech.

I don't want to give out too much info due to the NDA so take what you will from my post above.
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • Options
    I don't want to give out too much info due to the NDA so take what you will from my post above.
    *nod*I'm under the impression that the pool of questions is so large that no two takers get the same set.
  • Options
    richypcrichypc Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Look up Cisco CCNA exam **** to get an idea what would be on the exam. As long as you don't rely too much on these **** to get you through you should be fine.
  • Options
    krfan1krfan1 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, Robbo777! You got this! Just started studying for my CCNA.