Options

New CCNA

pearljampearljam Member Posts: 134
When does the new version come out? The end of 2016?

Comments

• Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hadn't heard anything. They just updated it 2 years ago. The previous CCNA had a 6 year run and the previous CCNP had a 4-5 year run. So, I wouldn't expect a new CCNA for another couple years.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Here is a blog post by Paul Browning (CCNA in 60 Days), relating to the topic at hand.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    That link appears to be broken. I think this is what you were shooting for: What
  • Options
    blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    Maybe that site is banned from techexams...?
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Weird. It does look like there is a problem with the linking system.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    kjanuarykjanuary Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the same blast. I'm not sure where he is getting his info but I would hope that Cisco would announce the retirement.
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The guys a snake he knows it's not retiring he's just trying to get customers to buy his books and book his training etc thinking it might be all change very soon.

Check his Amazon book review
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kjanuary wrote: »
    I got the same blast. I'm not sure where he is getting his info but I would hope that Cisco would announce the retirement.

I don't know where he gets the idea that Cisco revises the CCNA every 3 years.

200-120: 09/30/2013 to Present
    640-802: 11/06/2007 to 09/30/2013 (5 Years, 10 Months, 24 Days)
    640-801: 09/30/2003 to 11/06/2007 (4 Years, 1 Month, 7 Days)
    640-507: 07/31/2000 to 09/30/2003 (3 Years, 1 Month, 30 Days)
    640-407: 1998 to 07/31/2000 (2 Years)

NOTE: Per certificationkits.com, 640-507 was replaced by 640-607 in 2002, but the 640-607 didn't change any of the material. Cisco added Sims and changed the number of questions and time allotted. So, I did not list it as a separate revision.

[EDIT]
    IOS XR and XE architecture and configuration

Even the current CCIE doesn't cover IOS XR as far as I can tell. It is a Service Provider topic. IOS XE could pop up on the next CCNA, but IOS XE is basically just a modular IOS running on a Linux kernel. This is what the CSR-1000V (Virtual Router) uses.
    Redistribution and BGP

I don't see Cisco bringing these topics to the CCNA. While the basics could easily be covered, these are technologies that can make you very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. I suspect Cisco would want to keep them on CCNP ROUTE so that they can cover them in deeper detail.
    Private VLANs

I could see PVLANs making it on the CCNA.
    QoS

I seriously doubt this. Cisco has been going the other way. QoS was removed from the CCNP with the 2015 revision and the amount of QoS on the CCNP: Voice was reduced when it became Collaboration. I suspect Cisco wants to keep QoS at the CCIE level.
    Route maps and Policy routing

Possible, but I suspect Cisco will keep these wherever (CCNP ROUTE) they cover Redistribution.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,053 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The guys a snake he knows it's not retiring he's just trying to get customers to buy his books and book his training etc thinking it might be all change very soon.

Yowzers!
    Looks like you hit the nail on the head...