Options

Finding a job in another market. How?

bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
My wife has been offered a job in another market (Scott AFB, near Saint Louis) so I've been looking to get a job in that area too. I've been hitting indeed, dice, monster, careerbuilder, etc. I've also gotten ahold of recruiters (and had some get ahold of me) for the area. I've also hit the websites of big companies I know of in the area (Anheiser-Bush, Monsanto, etc) and of companies of people I've worked with before that live there, but I feel I'm only seeing a portion of the jobs available there. I mean I'm only seeing a couple of things on the job boards each day, and surely a city of that size would have more.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to expand my search?
Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    city newspapers?
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Colleges, universities, city, state and federal government positions, local school districts sign up for that state's work force commission website, usually they have lot's of jobs posted.
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I find more positions in simplyhired then indeed or the others. I honestly think your best shot is to get in touch with as many recruiters as you possibly can. Also if you can make a friend in that market and use their address on your resume you will generate a lot more interest. A lot of companies will immediately trash your resume if your not local.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Don't underestimate the power of LinkedIn too. It's a great way of networking with new people.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Blackout, thanks for mentioning Simply Hired. I just did some searches there and I found jobs near me that had never showed up on Indeed. I will definitely be using it from here on out.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Blackout, thanks for mentioning Simply Hired. I just did some searches there and I found jobs near me that had never showed up on Indeed. I will definitely be using it from here on out.

No worries at all this is what this forum is for.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi