Options

Passed 838

seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
Well im 3/4 the way through my MCSA now.

The exam was considerably more difficult than the 270 exam. I had 44 or so questions and 4 sims, probably 4 mini sims with interactive graphics.

Know your SUS, backup, shadow, terminal services.

Also be sure and know the different types of groups (domain, universal,etc)

I read the exam cram II book for this exam. It was a nice quick read, and a great intro, but i could not have passed on it alone.

I read the exam cram II, the couples of technotes here, and just did some googling. Also microsoft has alot of info if you take the time to look.

On to 291......

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, it is definitely a lot harder than the 270. Good luck on the 291 :D
  • Options
    I forgot to ask earlier. Do you get a printout for each exam you take?

on the 70-270 i received a printout showing what i did well on and when i passed the 290 today i did not receive anything.

Is that normal?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
    I forgot to ask earlier. Do you get a printout for each exam you take?

on the 70-270 i received a printout showing what i did well on and when i passed the 290 today i did not receive anything.

Is that normal?

Yes, youshould have received a printout of your score report. You may want to contact your testing center to see if they have it. Mine printed soon as I clicked Exit.

Tell them to put some paper in the printer and give you your score report icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Thats funny.

the printer was actually out of paper when my cert exam ended. I had them put more paper in and it had some local print jobs from their network come out but my cert printout never came out.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

when i did the 290, i had to wait like half an hour to get the printout because of similar problems...
    witty comment
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE