Options

Passed CISSP today

jasonperry10jasonperry10 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
This is my first post, but I've been coming here and viewing all the passed/failed and study advice threads. This site is awesome!
I passed the CISSP exam today on the first try. I studied for about 6 weeks and I must say it was the most difficult exam I've ever taken. I felt like I way over studied but at the same time I feel like I under studied. It took me 5 hours and 52 minutes to complete the exam. By the end of the exam I was exhausted and had blurry vision.
Just a little background, i currently work at USAF Academy for the last 4 years and worked as a system admin prior for 4 years. I have a BS in Computer Information Systems and just completed my MS Information Technology Cybersecurity in August. I have Security+ and network+ and SBS 2008.

Study Materials
Cybrary videos with Kelly Handerhand (watched all videos once and took notes
Shon Harris AIO (read cover to cover once)
11th Hour (read a week before the exam)
Sunflower pdf
Combined notes (found on this site)
Cccure practice questions (over 3000)
McGraw hill questions took each test per domain twice
Shon Harris MP3s while driving to and from work

I studied ever night including weekends for at least 4 hours.

There was a lot of stuff on the test that wasn't in any of my study materials, but some of my past experience and some process of elimination helped. I had several scenario and drag and drop questions.

Next step is the endorsement process. I'll have to use the isc2 endorsement assistance because I don't know any other CISSP's icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for the review.

Your Security+ provides 1 year experience waiver. The endorsement process should take about 6 to 8 weeks since ISC2 will be auditing you.
  • Options
    Sweet! I wish my masters would stack on top of it but I think I can only waive 1 year total. 6-8 weeks seems so long maybe they will finish a lot quicker. Anyway, the hard part is over
  • Options
    The max is 1 year. Full list of valid certs at https://www.isc2.org/credential_waiver/default.aspx
    If you are interested in another ISC2 certification, your CISSP can be used to waive the full 5 years experience for CCSP
  • Options
    Cool. Do you have your CCSP? I won't have any use for cloud based cents right now. Haven't had much experience in current and past positions.
  • Options
    No, no plans for it at the moment. Maybe later next year. Been doing some cloud-based work recently, so...

The CCSP was announced early this year. Was at ISC2 event yesterday, and the ISC2 regional director was talking about it.
    You can read the CCSP threads in the forum.
  • Options
    jaandrade3rdjaandrade3rd Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!!!