like for example

Certifications :
A+
pursing network+

or would this be wrong?

Comments

• Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Well i cannot say that im an expert in resumes.

But i can tell you what i have done in the past.

I generally do not list "certs that im trying to acheive"

but i do list certs that i do have and in my last resume in my objective i made a mention to finishing up my MCSA
  • Options
    MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    I do not list a certification that I'm pursuing. Either you have it, or you don't.

Sometimes, however, I list a cert at my qualification section, i.e. I'm going to ISESTORM '06 in a month, where I am to get the BS7799/ISO27001 Auditor certification, hence I list this in the security policy section of my CV.
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Avx, I do... icon_wink.gif

I think it shows the employer your next move and the fact that you are continuing to learn! I have Pursuing MCSE on mine, so they can see what I'm currently working towards... icon_wink.gif

D-boy
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    You should just include certs thta you achieved in your resume....

Don't assume something that your not...
  • Options
    JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    D-boy wrote:
    Avx, I do... icon_wink.gif

I think it shows the employer your next move and the fact that you are continuing to learn! I have Pursuing MCSE on mine, so they can see what I'm currently working towards... icon_wink.gif

D-boy
    I agree, I usually put the cert under its heading and list it as In preparation I've been told by more than a few HR folks that this looks quite good on a resume as it demonstrates that you plan, prepare, and achieve goals.

Here's the catch, you BETTER end up getting the cert and letting someone important in the organization know that you got it, assuming you were hired, that way you reinforce the reason for listing it on the resume.

And do go overboard, if you just got Security+, don’t go and put CISSP on there as in preparation, unless of course you are that damn good...icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    nachiusnachius Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do list current certs on my resume.
    I also list certifications I am ACTIVELY pursuing with an "estimated" completion date.

I have found this is the best way to do it. If you are posting your Resume on the internet and are not currently pursuing a certification, but have every intention of taking the cert in the near future I would put it on there just for the purpose that the key word checkers out there would get stopped by it.