CCNA: Security exams

ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
What are the main differences between the exams 640-554 and 260-210?

I have recently started a new role as a Security Analyst which involves a lot more working with Cisco firewalls etc and my CCENT is due to expire next year. Should i aim for the old or new exam?

Thanks.

Comments

• creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unless you're already comfortable with IOS ZBPF/IPS and ASA:s, you're probably better off going for 210-260 from the start.

You would have to pass the old exam (640-554) on or before Nov 30.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I personally would study the new version. The passing score for CCNA:Security is pretty high and if you have to study much to prepare, you won't have much time for retakes if needed preparing for the old exam.
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unless you're already comfortable with IOS ZBPF/IPS and ASA:s, you're probably better off going for 210-260 from the start.

You would have to pass the old exam (640-554) on or before Nov 30.

I'm not really that comfortable as haven't touched anything Cisco for at least 18 months and that was only to take the CCENT exam and attend the CCNA course. The CCNA exam changed just after i passed the CCENT exam which is why i didn't go on to take the exam.

TechGuru80 wrote: »
    I personally would study the new version. The passing score for CCNA:Security is pretty high and if you have to study much to prepare, you won't have much time for retakes if needed preparing for the old exam.

What is the passing score for 260-210?

I will likely study the 260-210 exam and then there is no rush for me to pass it.

Thanks.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I am not sure what you need to pass the new exam but the old exam was high so you had a slim margin of error.
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just bought the CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide.