Options

(ISC)2 is offering protored exams again

beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
Rumor is there will be a couple of paper based proctored exams coming up in November and December, at least in Chicago. First I have heard of the old style exam in sometime.

My personal preference was always paper but have past (ISC)2 exams on both paper and CBT (ISSAP and HCISPP).

The best thing about the paper exam in a hotel is that you can immediately grab that stiff drink immediately afterward - highly recommended.

Any current CISSP holders heard anything to this rumor? Speculation only.

-b/eads

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Do you mean standalone, ISC2 sponsored or something like a private bootcamp with the exam at the end?
  • Options
    An (ISC)2 sponsored event, generally held at a hotel on a Saturday morning. Makes for a long day for the proctor but if memory serves its 9 CPEs, lunch and millage.

- b/eads
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Maybe ISC2 will follow Microsoft and do online proctored exams

We need someone to be in ISC2 board of directors for such info.
    Votes for b/eads? :)
  • Options
    @Mike7;

Thanks but my idea lately of a political win conceivably involves blood and carnage, last man standing gets to make the rules. You know, that sort of thing.
    [h=1]You Can Get Much Further with a Kind Word and a Gun than with a Kind Word Alone[/h]- Al Capone. Like most people in Chicago I live next to one of his hangouts. Think its taken a toll. Withdraw my nomination.

That's politics for ya.

-b/eads
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ISC2 still has proctors go for the CBT's that have been offered at official training locations. Since the CBT proctors work for the training company they provide their own to ensure everything is done correctly. 8 CPE's and either flat rate per diem or expense report for the proctors.

As for the paper based tests, that would make for a fun day, but I haven't heard anything about them. I guess time will tell.