Options

CISSP Membership Fee

Momala2525@gmail.comMomala2525@gmail.com Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Just wonder is the CISSP membership fee USD 85?

https://www.isc2.org/maintaining-your-credential.aspx

CISSPs are required to earn and post a minimum of 40 CPE credits (of the 120 CPE credits required in the three-year certification cycle) and pay the AMF of US$85[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] during each year of the three-year certification cycle before the member’s certification or recertification annual anniversary date. For CISSPs who hold one or more concentrations, CPE credits submitted for the CISSP Concentration(s) will be counted toward the annual minimum CPE credits required for the CISSP.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What does AFM Stand for? e.g [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What is the validity as some is on yearly basis irregardless when you signed up like CISM membership( i think so ) e.g 1 Jan 2016 to 31 Dec 2016. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Also, what are the ways we can achieved the 40 Credits through online learning. Thank you [/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    cbkihongcbkihong Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Most of your questions are addressed in this document:

https://www.isc2.org/uploadedfiles/(isc)2_member_content/cpes/cpe_guidelines.pdf

No, each member / cert can have a different anniversary start date depending on when endorsement is completed, say I am September 1 each year. In the endorsement completion email they will tell you.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The CPE's don't seem that bad. Looks like you can read a published security article and do online podcasts or webcasts and knock out half if not all the CPE requirements over a three year period. Granted you want to take a CBT or online course within those three years to knock out 5-10 CPE credits or more depending on the hours the course is. You have three years, I am sure within one year you can read a security book or article and do at least 5 security webcasts which are free most of the time.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    cbkihongcbkihong Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    The CPE's don't seem that bad. Looks like you can read a published security article and do online podcasts or webcasts and knock out half if not all the CPE requirements over a three year period. Granted you want to take a CBT or online course within those three years to knock out 5-10 CPE credits or more depending on the hours the course is. You have three years, I am sure within one year you can read a security book or article and do at least 5 security webcasts which are free most of the time.

They do require you to clear 40 credits every year though, so you can't wait until the last year and earn all (120) the credits then.