70-291 I just missed passing

mike cookmike cook Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the test today got a 677. The only weakness was implementing, Managing, and Maintaining Name Resoulution.
I was very strong in the other 4. I had 43 questions. I am taking the 2nd chance test tomorrow.

Comments

• Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    You had bad luck today - GOOD LUCK tomorrow.........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    good luck! icon_cool.gif
    witty comment
  • Icem@nIcem@n Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How did the exam went man? did you pass?
    N+, A+(220-301 & 220-302), MCP {(70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294)MCSA 2003}, {(70-284)MCSA:Messaging}{(70-297)MCSE 2003}(70-299, 70-298) {MCSA/E:Security(70-350) CCENT (640-822)

640-816 NEXT
  • mike cookmike cook Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took my 2nd chance the to soon. I retook the exam it was completly different from the first one. I got a 564. The questions seemed to be a lot harder than the first one. I will wait and take the test when I know I am ready. It doesn't pay off to try to rush.
  • K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    Don't under estimate the power of this microsoft exams, take your time you'll pass, nothing beats good preparation.
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
  • frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    I got 496 a couple of weeks ago, same case for me it was the DNS area where I showed the weakest. Eventhough I studied DNS as much as the other topics I needed to know it alot more in depth than any book could really explain.

I'm in no rush to take this exam again, I will take it again when the time is appropriate, I feel that you can't cram for this material, you have to really learn it.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    If I could ask what study material you are using?
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • muhozyamuhozya Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Take tyme man you gonna hit the beast, it aint magic, just hardwork and concetration, goodluck dude.
    Emmanuel
  • 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    I guess me being a cheap freak makes me take time for preparation, i would hate to flush 125 down the toilet. i am looking at 4 months for this test, looking to be mcsa by end of 06.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
    I took the test again, thought I was doing fine. When I got done I could not believe it. A 677 again. icon_sad.gif . Back to the books I will take it 1 more time.
    wow. seriously tough luck man. icon_cry.gif
    witty comment
    WOW - you can do it man - concentrate
  • certificationjourney [bancertificationjourney [ban Inactive Imported Users Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Though luck, don't give up.
    "Stay alive, I will find you, I will find you!!!"

Don't ever give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos to whoever guesses what movie that quote is from.
    *first line
    The Last of the Mohicans
    witty comment
    You are correct sir.
    PASSED
    icon_lol.gif
    It was tough. I thought I had failed again. I will say this none of the 4 test I took were easy and each one was totaly different . It sure makes me appreciate passing this one . I passed with a 700. That works for me. Thanks for the support.
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Gratz dude.

I write on thursday... Hopefully I won't need my second chance.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • jirotokiojirotokio Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    First, let me say, congratulations on a job well done!!!

I took this exam once before and failed. It has been a real thorn in my side, I'm use to studying for 1-3 months for each exam and this exam is going on 4.

I'm gonna take it again, probably this week. So, if you have any last minute advice on skills to brush up on that would much appreciated.

For the 70-293 and 294 vets, how does 291 compare in terms of studying time, etc.?
  • K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    Well done , that was a tough nut to crack, i also want to write this exam on Thursday and i've been concentrating alot, i know i'll ace it.

i DON'T WANT TO USE SECOND CHANCE NEVER HAVE
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
    CONGRATZ dude.....way to stick with it and tame this exam.......