Options

Thinking about Microsoft Server Cert, but should I wait?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ITNewbie2ITNewbie2 Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    joeswfc wrote: »
    Is the MTA the same as an MCP? I always thought an MCP just meant you had passed a Microsoft exam...

I'd say if you feel confident that you've learnt enough for the 410 then go for that because then you are only 2 exams away from MCSA whereas MTA would still leave you 3 exams away. I think MTA could help to have on your cv though if you mention you are in progress with MCSA, I have always put in progress certs on my cv and then updated it to 1 out of 3 and 2 out of 3 as you pass them. I got my current job when I had passed 2 of the exams as they were looking for someone who had MCSA or was working towards it, and a bonus was that they paid for the last exam for me icon_smile.gif

An MTA, according to Microsoft's website, is not the same as an MCP. I think an MCP in comparison to a MTA holds more value. I like the suggestion of putting "work in progress" on the resume to indicate to employers of your next goal. Thanks.
  • Options
    joeswfcjoeswfc Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ITNewbie2 wrote: »
    An MTA, according to Microsoft's website, is not the same as an MCP. I think an MCP in comparison to a MTA holds more value. I like the suggestion of putting "work in progress" on the resume to indicate to employers of your next goal. Thanks.

I hope adding this to your CV when you start passing your exams :)