Options

120k offering: 40 minutes closer than the other...

13»

Comments

• Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    Ahh, ok, we're looking for people in Southington :)

You gonna commute from NYC to Milford?
  • Options
    TheCudderTheCudder Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If they're offering $120K, they've either A) Budgeted at least $120K minimum for this position and they're getting a steal or B) know that your overall skill set is hard to come by and feel that you're completely worth it. They're getting the skills of 2 or 3 individuals in just one person! It's not common for IT professionals to have such specialized knowledge across networking and server technologies.
    B.S. Information Technology Management | CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Security+ | Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance (In Progress)
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Well I've made it to the in-person stage now and I've found out the companies name. It's probably the largest sandwich company in the world but recently got bad press from their now former incarserated spokesperson, Subway, and it's their World HQ.

I would be join as a Senior Network Engineer but the title seems more like a cross between a VMware/Cisco/Microsoft role.

It looks interesting.
  • Options
    100k100k Member Posts: 196
    Hope you get it icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    ratbuddy wrote: »
    Ahh, ok, we're looking for people in Southington :)

You gonna commute from NYC to Milford?

I'm just on the other side of the CT border from Danbury, CT, so I will be going Taconic to I-84 and then 30 I think.... GPS says 1:15 minutes. not horrible, drove 1:45 3 times a week to Moonachie, NJ at PCG for 4 years....

Hopefully with the higher income I'll get a new car at some point
  • Options
    Now to weigh the option, ask for more money at my current job to see what they would offer me and if they say no then move on or go fast... I'd use the new job as a fallback option, in-case they don't offer me more.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Don't take a counter offer. I am sure you have seen the threads. Also which one will look better on a resume' and which one will give you exposure to a bigger datacenter?
  • Options
    TonyPTonyP Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You are most likely going to need to take 25 to the Merritt (rte 15) as your easiest route to Milford. Rte 7 (to RTE 15) and Rte 34 may also be an option depending on where you need to be in Milford, though this will take you through Derby/Shelton to get there. 34 is a one lane road most of the way down if i am recalling correctly and can get pretty hairy in the winter...

I am travelling the opposite way (Danbury > Poughkeepsie) and travel a but too often in CT if it helps you any...
  • Options
    TonyP wrote: »
    You are most likely going to need to take 25 to the Merritt (rte 15) as your easiest route to Milford. Rte 7 (to RTE 15) and Rte 34 may also be an option depending on where you need to be in Milford, though this will take you through Derby/Shelton to get there. 34 is a one lane road most of the way down if i am recalling correctly and can get pretty hairy in the winter...

I am travelling the opposite way (Danbury > Poughkeepsie) and travel a but too often in CT if it helps you any...

I live 12 minutes from Poughkeepsie. icon_wink.gif

I was born in New Haven, so I'm used to trip to Yale New Haven Hospital (4 months pre-me - basically lived in a hospital until I was 12), Route 7 I'm pretty sure goes over the Dam so that's th route I'm used to taking to New Haven.

But ya I'm going to probbly take Taconic to I-84 to Route 7...