Options

That's a pass. 10.23.15

whybwhyb Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
12 years of IT experience. Obtained CEH in August of 2012. Obtained Sec+ in Feb. 2014. Passed the CISSP on 10.23.15.

Study materials used (in order with dates):

-CISSP Videos provided by CBT Nuggets (Aug. 24th - Sept. 3rd)
-Transender exams provided by CBT Nuggets (Sept. 4th - Sept. 11th).
-5 day boot camp (Sept. 14-18th)
-CCCure exams (Sept. 22nd - Oct. 22nd)

I felt watching all of the (14 hours if I remember correctly) CBT Nuggets videos prior to taking the boot camp was the most beneficial, since it made the boot camp more of a "refresher" than an actual training boot camp. I do understand that people have different ways of learning / retaining material, but for me "cementing" the idea through repeated use / outlets works for me. I found the CCCure exams were the best way to continually familiarize myself with the wording of the exam and found the questions much useful than the Transender questions. While using CCCure, I would focus an entire day on one domain. Repeated exams in lengths of 50 questions. I would do all of the separate domains this way. After realizing what my two weakest domains were, I would test more and harder questions on those domains. I took a total of 8 exams in the 6 hour 250 question exam format to familiarize myself with the length of the actual exam. I took these exams on "Pro/Expert" mode and reviewed ALL exam questions (not just the wrong answers). Also, I made sure to test on "easy" and "medium" modes, to be well rounded.

All in all, I thought the exam went well - and I felt fully prepared (albeit still nervous) walking into take the test.icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    That's awesome. I'm tentatively looking at the CISSP for next year, if all goes well with the CASP this year.

It's a long exam, but how long did it actually take you? So far with exams I tend to finish with time to spare. Not sure I could last 6 hours.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    whyb wrote: »
    12 years of IT experience. Obtained CEH in August of 2012. Obtained Sec+ in Feb. 2014. Passed the CISSP on 10.23.15.

Study materials used (in order with dates):

-CISSP Videos provided by CBT Nuggets (Aug. 24th - Sept. 3rd)
    -Transender exams provided by CBT Nuggets (Sept. 4th - Sept. 11th).
    -5 day boot camp (Sept. 14-18th)
    -CCCure exams (Sept. 22nd - Oct. 22nd)

I felt watching all of the (14 hours if I remember correctly) CBT Nuggets videos prior to taking the boot camp was the most beneficial, since it made the boot camp more of a "refresher" than an actual training boot camp. I do understand that people have different ways of learning / retaining material, but for me "cementing" the idea through repeated use / outlets works for me. I found the CCCure exams were the best way to continually familiarize myself with the wording of the exam and found the questions much useful than the Transender questions. While using CCCure, I would focus an entire day on one domain. Repeated exams in lengths of 50 questions. I would do all of the separate domains this way. After realizing what my two weakest domains were, I would test more and harder questions on those domains. I took a total of 8 exams in the 6 hour 250 question exam format to familiarize myself with the length of the actual exam. I took these exams on "Pro/Expert" mode and reviewed ALL exam questions (not just the wrong answers). Also, I made sure to test on "easy" and "medium" modes, to be well rounded.

All in all, I thought the exam went well - and I felt fully prepared (albeit still nervous) walking into take the test.icon_cheers.gif

which of the CBTnugget video did you watch?.. the updated version or the old one
  • Options
    devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    whybwhyb Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone!
    OctalDump wrote: »
    That's awesome. I'm tentatively looking at the CISSP for next year, if all goes well with the CASP this year.

It's a long exam, but how long did it actually take you? So far with exams I tend to finish with time to spare. Not sure I could last 6 hours.

I finished the exam in exactly 3 hours, then I spend about 35 minutes going over questions that I had flagged during the exam.
    21ctl wrote: »
    which of the CBTnugget video did you watch?.. the updated version or the old one

I watched the old [10 domain] videos from CBT Nuggets, the new test format was not available.
  • Options
    EburonEburon Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DarxtarDarxtar Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. How were the new Transenders?
    Ph.D. in Information Systems Security
  • Options
    kiransav07kiransav07 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing the resources